Discuss 18th Edition course prices, self employed only please. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Wow, is that for the full course, (not the update). That's pretty good value from what i've seen. The one I was looking at was 405 + Vat, 4 day course (food provided).

Im still looking though.

I done online course for £220 then took the exam at an exam centre in ealing. The cost included the course which you study at home, exam and email help if needed. If the email help was not needed it was a bit cheaper. To be fair I didn't use it so could have got away with not having it.
Only problem was there is only a few exam centres, so depending where you live it may not be an option.

Depends on a few things on what is going to be best for you.
1) if like many of the sparks on here you are highly skilled and up to date with regs you could go for exam only or an online course and exam.
2) if you are like me from other trades that require 18th for some parts of your work and have done maybe 16th,17th you could do a one day refresher course and exam.
3) if you are 100% new to it then maybe college or a full weeks course might be the way to go.

We have to realise some of the electricians on here have years of experience and can nearly quote the regs without looking at them, so they need just the smallest of update just covering just the changes.

.....And for the 19th, let me guess, blindfolded and with no book! :D
Thing about these update courses, is that they’re not just about the new requirements.
One of the questions, was about the disconnection time for a TN final circuit.
Another was the maximum disconnection time for a 30mA RCD at 5 x delta.
The only question that I recall dealt with the new requirements related to the term used for the energy produced by an atmospheric discharge.

Depends on a few things on what is going to be best for you.
1) if like many of the sparks on here you are highly skilled and up to date with regs you could go for exam only or an online course and exam.
2) if you are like me from other trades that require 18th for some parts of your work and have done maybe 16th,17th you could do a one day refresher course and exam.
3) if you are 100% new to it then maybe college or a full weeks course might be the way to go.

We have to realise some of the electricians on here have years of experience and can nearly quote the regs without looking at them, so they need just the smallest of update just covering just the changes.

Just to be clear I am a sole trader with 15yrs+ experience. I have all quals except 2396.

I did the 17th edition before the amendment so I’m being told I will have to do the full 4 day course. I will check this again. If it’s just the update required the I will definitely be doing that.

You might be better just doing a online one and sitting the exam. If you got the old regs under your belt bit of online update you’ll be good to go.

Cheers, I will take a look. Thanks for the info
If you are really good with the book, you may be able to just sit the exam.
Some of the guys at my exam just turned up for it.
Cheers, I will take a look. Thanks for the info

Let us know which route you go and how you get on, would be interesting to follow the process. Good luck

Reply to 18th Edition course prices, self employed only please. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock