Currently reading:
2 way switched lighting circuit

Discuss 2 way switched lighting circuit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Callum.

i've done a 2 way switched lighting circuit via junction box in college

but for my final exam i need to do a 2 way switched lighting circuit without a junction box, is this just leading 2core n CPC to the light, down the the first 2 way switch (whilst making neutral live) and feeding it from the first switch to the 2nd via 3core n CPC?

If that makes sense
i will attack a picture of what i'm thinking.

PLEASE!! correct me if i'm wrong :)

Attachments

• 2 Way Lighting Circuit.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 63
cant quite make out your drawing,from light 2 core + e to first switch,and 3 core and earth to other,as you said i think,brown/brown L1,grey-common,black/blue L2,although some people use different combinations of these colours,brown sleeving on all non brown colours as you know.also try to google 2 way lighting for a nice diagram,loads of stuff on the net to help u through college.

I thought I had a better diagram but this is near enough

Wire live to 1st swicth. 2 strappers from 1st switch to second switch. Wire switch wire from second switch to light. Neutral direct from fuseboard to light (not as shown on the drawing) and loop from live and neutral from 1st light to second light

Hopefully that makes sense. If not I will try and find my better drawing

Markysparky

Attachments

• LightSw5a.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 51
I thought I had a better diagram but this is near enough

Wire live to 1st swicth. 2 strappers from 1st switch to second switch. Wire switch wire from second switch to light. Neutral direct from fuseboard to light (not as shown on the drawing) and loop from live and neutral from 1st light to second light

Hopefully that makes sense. If not I will try and find my better drawing

Markysparky

I understand this kinda, but the N that's going through do i just connect via connector block inside the switch or something?

Reply to 2 way switched lighting circuit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back