Discuss 2391-10 Blended NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

aaronwright.es

Hello all,

First of all, apologies if this has been posted elsewhere before, I've searched but couldn't find the answer I was after, hence this post.

I've just got a couple of questions really. I'm a qualified electrician and now looking to do my 2391 course with NIC... I've just been looking at the online blended program (2391-10) and wondered how it differs from the normal program, apart from it being done online (which is where the appeal lies for me)?

The second question is... once I've completed this course, will I be able to install work, inspect and test it, and then provide the client with a certificate with my name and company on it?

Cheers in advance for anyone who replies.

Aaron

I'd stick to the classroom for the course, tutuor there to teach you and answer any questions and gain a better understanding and at that price they charge at NICEIC is expensive compared to what i paid for my 2391.

Answer to quaesion 2 is you can allready do that with out the 2391 but having it opens up more job avenues for you and your company because every one wants to see a piece of paper with the qauls on it.

Cheers for your response Baconhead.

How ever I've been lead to believe you can't sign off work with a certificate unless you're NIC registered. Are you sure you've got that right? Usually a company has to be NICEIC registered before they can sign off work, otherwise they need to get someone in who is registered.

How ever I've been lead to believe you can't sign off work with a certificate unless you're NIC registered. Are you sure you've got that right? Usually a company has to be NICEIC registered before they can sign off work, otherwise they need to get someone in who is registered.
You can sign the certificate for installation. What you can't do yet is notify in your own right (without being part of a scheme) but that's for domestic only.

You don't need 2391 to join a scheme. Minimum qualification for Domestic Installers is 2382 (17th Edition). After that you simply need to prove you have a good understanding of the regs and are competent enough to certify your own work.

You can sign the certificate for installation. What you can't do yet is notify in your own right (without being part of a scheme) but that's for domestic only.

Not strictly true. There's nothing to stop anyone notifying LABC directly and paying the extortionate fees if they choose to.

You don't need 2391 to join a scheme. Minimum qualification for Domestic Installers is 2382 (17th Edition). After that you simply need to prove you have a good understanding of the regs and are competent enough to certify your own work.

Not strictly true. There's nothing to stop anyone notifying LABC directly and paying the extortionate fees if they choose to.
Not strictly true. Children can't notify. :D :iagree:

Reply to 2391-10 Blended NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock