Discuss 2391-51 practical elements tomorrow top tips gratefully accepted in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Diver233

-
Arms
Reaction score
hello all,
The day has come for me to sit the practical elements of 2391-51 periodic tomorrow.

I am looking for your top tips for the picture codes, and the written questions and practical

Any advice gratefully accepted

hello all,
The day has come for me to sit the practical elements of 2391-51 periodic tomorrow.

I am looking for your top tips for the picture codes, and the written questions and practical

Any advice gratefully accepted
What's a picture code???????????????

Hi, I completed these tests yesterday. I suggest heading to 'Electrical Safety First' website and under 'Professional Resources' look for 'Best Practise Guide 4' This will cover most of what you need. The written exam was not too difficult, but there was one that makes you search the BBB quite hard. As for the pictures - don't over think it... or guess at something you cant see. Good luck

Hi, I completed these tests yesterday. I suggest heading to 'Electrical Safety First' website and under 'Professional Resources' look for 'Best Practise Guide 4' This will cover most of what you need. The written exam was not too difficult, but there was one that makes you search the BBB quite hard. As for the pictures - don't over think it... or guess at something you cant see. Good luck

What’s the BBB?

Try to look on C&G site at the assessors write up on failures. It is mostly people failing because they do not answer the question asked or mis read the question. Also seems there is a lot of confusion on earthing/bonding where people go wrong especially earth electrode testing. You need to know which is P1 and so on! Anyway you will see it on the comments from the assessor on C&G

2391-51 practical elements tomorrow top tips gratefully accepted 19678662-072E-4C87-BE3E-BB7102EC2D29 - EletriciansForums.net Evening,

Written test. 100% pass mark, not too bad, pinning down the specific ref number probably the hardest bit. Plenty of time to source allowed references.

Visual exercise / photos. Pretty easy, photos weren’t the best quality, and dated equipment in them. Some faults blatant some not so. With the coding C&G tended to be a bit more lenient as such.

Practical. A lot struggled, and failed purely down to the time permitted, two and a half hours. However if your ok with testing there’s plenty of time in the bag. The board is pretty small regards circuits. Also the faults are massively obvious. I do have a photo of the ’C&G test board’. I’ll try attach it.

Well I didn’t sleep last night, worrying about the test today.
Does anyone know if there’s always 3 faults or can there be more or less on the test rig ?

Well I didn’t sleep last night, worrying about the test today.
Does anyone know if there’s always 3 faults or can there be more or less on the test rig ?
How did it go?

Not well

Passed all the theory elements, but cocked up polarity checking on the 3 phase, only did 8 points of the check not 10 gggrrr.
So got to have a resit on that bit, shame as I found all the faults and he’s said everything else was spot on.

@Diver233 . You could have more than one different coloured books depending on how many amendments were published during the term of the edition.

@Diver233 . You could have more than one different coloured books depending on how many amendments were published during the term of the edition.

I know so when I did not understand the term BBB I think it’s understandable, but according to some on here it’s because I’m stupid.
Does the acronym change every time the book does so was the last one BGB?

Reply to 2391-51 practical elements tomorrow top tips gratefully accepted in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock