uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss 2391-51 practical elements tomorrow top tips gratefully accepted in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hello all,
The day has come for me to sit the practical elements of 2391-51 periodic tomorrow.

I am looking for your top tips for the picture codes, and the written questions and practical

Any advice gratefully accepted

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
hello all,
The day has come for me to sit the practical elements of 2391-51 periodic tomorrow.

I am looking for your top tips for the picture codes, and the written questions and practical

Any advice gratefully accepted
What's a picture code???????????????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Apparently we get shown 10 pictures of faults and we have to give them fault codes

Apparently we get shown 10 pictures of faults and we have to give them fault codes

Hi, I completed these tests yesterday. I suggest heading to 'Electrical Safety First' website and under 'Professional Resources' look for 'Best Practise Guide 4' This will cover most of what you need. The written exam was not too difficult, but there was one that makes you search the BBB quite hard. As for the pictures - don't over think it... or guess at something you cant see. Good luck

Hi, I completed these tests yesterday. I suggest heading to 'Electrical Safety First' website and under 'Professional Resources' look for 'Best Practise Guide 4' This will cover most of what you need. The written exam was not too difficult, but there was one that makes you search the BBB quite hard. As for the pictures - don't over think it... or guess at something you cant see. Good luck
What’s the BBB?

T

The Ghost

Try to look on C&G site at the assessors write up on failures. It is mostly people failing because they do not answer the question asked or mis read the question. Also seems there is a lot of confusion on earthing/bonding where people go wrong especially earth electrode testing. You need to know which is P1 and so on! Anyway you will see it on the comments from the assessor on C&G

H

-
Arms
19678662-072E-4C87-BE3E-BB7102EC2D29.jpeg Evening,

Written test. 100% pass mark, not too bad, pinning down the specific ref number probably the hardest bit. Plenty of time to source allowed references.

Visual exercise / photos. Pretty easy, photos weren’t the best quality, and dated equipment in them. Some faults blatant some not so. With the coding C&G tended to be a bit more lenient as such.

Practical. A lot struggled, and failed purely down to the time permitted, two and a half hours. However if your ok with testing there’s plenty of time in the bag. The board is pretty small regards circuits. Also the faults are massively obvious. I do have a photo of the ’C&G test board’. I’ll try attach it.

H

-
Arms
I must now add after using my eyes on post #1 I did the combined 2391-52. I’m sure it will be pretty similar

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to 2391-51 practical elements tomorrow top tips gratefully accepted in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom