Discuss 3 phase in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Reece Edwards

could someone please help me with calculating current in a balanced 3phase system as im more on the industrial side of electronics with being a railway engineer
in a balanced 3 phase wye delta system the sourcehas an abc phase sequence and VAN =120v 4o* V RMS. the line and load impedencies are (0.5+j0.4)ohms and (24+j18) ohms
i need to find the delta currents in the load.
system diagram
phasor diagram

could someone please help me with calculating current in a balanced 3phase system as im more on the industrial side of electronics with being a railway engineer
in a balanced 3 phase wye delta system the sourcehas an abc phase sequence and VAN =120v 4o* V RMS. the line and load impedencies are (0.5+j0.4)ohms and (24+j18) ohms
i need to find the delta currents in the load.
system diagram
phasor diagram

Haven't touched J notation for donkeys years so sorry can't help.

You seem to be posting a series of threads with what look like study questions rather than jobs in progress. We can and will help, but please could you explain the background and show your working so far, so that we can guide you.

the only j notation i've done for years is jack daniels.

this is a team account and questions are being asked by diffrent members of the team.

What are the questions been asked for, is this some form of revision or homework?

Can you please relay to the team not to open multiple threads up with related questions, try to keep related questions in one thread please. Thankyou.

okay thank you noted and some are ex exam style questions been set forward by our junior technician from college

On that note then the forum as a rule doesn't answer homework questions as this takes away the learning process from you, we can however guide you and help you in a different manner, If you express you have been set a question and then show us how you worked it out then we can show if your correct or where you went wrong... this will help you understand yourself what is been asked of you.
I'm sure between the members of your team, your books and your notes you should be able to attempt the questions and show them without jumping on a forum with a direct question for answer approach.

Hope you understand why we limit our help with regards to homework, exam questions etc :).

I will delete or close the other threads on that note and let this thread continue, hopefully with you showing us your attempt to answer the questions set.

Reply to 3 phase in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net