Discuss 3kw shower! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 9648

Clutching at straws here methinks but I promised a client I'd do my best.
Scenario is a stable block being knocked down and rebuilt with the existing supply definately not being replaced. The client has asked if a shower head on a long hose is possible so that horses and dogs can be washed down with lukewarm water.With the other gear being installed the existing supply is only able to manage 3kw for the possible shower. Hot tanks and immersion heaters and other options have already been suggested and binned on cost grounds,which really only leaves the idea of a mains water electric shower with an extra long hose of max rating 3kw.
Anyone know of such a thing?

Have you looked at an LPG instant water heater? I'm not sure if a 3kw shower is going to be up to the job of washing down horses.

Depending on how often/long it would be used, could you not use a small over sink water heater?

Maybe,we had thought of using a standard handwash heater,but the spout connection on those are not the threaded connection of a shower hose,but an O ring push in type.Probably the same issue with say a 7ltr oversink unit.

I think you will need a Horse pipe :smilewinkgrin:

Have you looked at an LPG instant water heater? I'm not sure if a 3kw shower is going to be up to the job of washing down horses.
I dont think she wants to wash down the whole thing,just a rinse down of the legs with water thats not stone cold. But yes,flow rate might be a bit feeble even for that by the time it's got round a long hose.

They can afford new stables and the very expensive costs of keeping horses but they won't pay for a decent hot water source?

Are they also not prepared to pay for the correct backflow prevention for the water supply?

Reply to 3kw shower! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net