Currently reading:
3kw shower!

Discuss 3kw shower! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 9648

Clutching at straws here methinks but I promised a client I'd do my best.
Scenario is a stable block being knocked down and rebuilt with the existing supply definately not being replaced. The client has asked if a shower head on a long hose is possible so that horses and dogs can be washed down with lukewarm water.With the other gear being installed the existing supply is only able to manage 3kw for the possible shower. Hot tanks and immersion heaters and other options have already been suggested and binned on cost grounds,which really only leaves the idea of a mains water electric shower with an extra long hose of max rating 3kw.
Anyone know of such a thing?

I think you will need a Horse pipe :smilewinkgrin:

Have you looked at an LPG instant water heater? I'm not sure if a 3kw shower is going to be up to the job of washing down horses.
I dont think she wants to wash down the whole thing,just a rinse down of the legs with water thats not stone cold. But yes,flow rate might be a bit feeble even for that by the time it's got round a long hose.

Reply to 3kw shower! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back