Discuss 5 Wires to go - Help required to remote fire up the boiler in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

BVG

-
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've found myself left with a small amount of wiring to do to complete an installation. It's a Heatmister UH8-RF unit being wired to a Drayton 2 way valve. The boiler engineer has done 95% of the wiring and has not gone sick long term.

I'm left with only the remote 'fire the boiler up' wiring to do.

Wires I have left:

1 x Grey from number 2 in a junction wall box
1 x Black from number 3 in a junction wall box

1 x Orange from the 2 way valve
1 x White from the 2 way valve (I think this wire can be ignored?)
1 Grey from the 2 way valve

The system all works apart from the remote boiler fire up bit.

I am thinking its along the lines of the Grey and Black wires going to the Common and Normally Open on the Heatmister Unit.

Your thoughts please.

Images and video here:

Electrics - Google Drive - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13q8ax5iqKhC9UqosLdR-39zbUpDgUd5i?usp=sharing

Last edited:
I dont think you will get much help to wire up a boiler... if it goes wrong then you can expect a visit from the plod and a stay courtesy of her majesty's hotel....
when it comes to things you dont understand call an expert in, especially boilers and gas etc.... find another engineer... I assume you havent paid this bloke since he is off sick...so use the money for somebody else...

Hi,so he has not gone sick long term? Is he sick short term,mid term or half term?

We need to know more of the story...

Hi BVG !
Sorry for the bluntness of the advice given, but I feel it's correct. This isn't a DIY task, and you can't be certain the part completed is correct either. There will be members in Brighton who can assist to inspect what's already in place, correct if necessary, complete the installation, then test and certify.

Reply to 5 Wires to go - Help required to remote fire up the boiler in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net