Discuss 7. 3 kw INDUCTION HOB in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Completely and fully agree that gas is far superior for a hob, but a common reason for changing to electric is to avoid costly annual gas checks in rented property.

This may be a regional difference but around here if a property has a gas supply then it is pretty likely to have gas heating too which negates that potential saving.

I would certainly be very upset if my landlord replaced the gas hob with electric, it was the main selling point for the flat as far as I was concerned when I viewed it.

Gas heating and water changed to electric or oil as well, although my experience is mainly with LPG rather than natural gas.

I'm surprised that makes financial sense, a landlords gas inspection doesn't cost that much.

I wonder if it has anything to do with it being LPG and that being a different situation.

Doesn't make sense (for the landlord) to just go in and do it, but when the property is being renovated, it does.
I have LPG hobs in my own house, but all the holiday cottages are electric cooking.

Completely and fully agree that gas is far superior for a hob, but a common reason for changing to electric is to avoid costly annual gas checks in rented property.
From a landlords point of view, electric oven and hob have benefits over gas both for, safety, and maintenance costs.

Gas for heating.

Old thread, but for anyone with the same question who finds this, I'll add a picture from a Whirlpool cooktop manual.
It has two power inputs and appears to be quite flexible with voltage and phase.

So depending on your particular hardware, the answer may be technically yes, but would go against local code in UK and Australia.

Attachments

• 7. 3 kw INDUCTION HOB wiri - EletriciansForums.net
    wiring.png
    131.1 KB · Views: 19
Hello,
i got slightly lost... what 1pole CB should be used with 7.3kw hob? ie how many ampers and what curve?
and also are we talking about 4 or 6mm cable?

edit> seems 32A, no clue regarding its curve and 6mm2 should be ok?

Appreciate.

Last edited:
Sorry.

With respect, you are considering a brand new circuit. That is notifiable work and not a DIY project.
You need a registered electrician to do this work for you, to test, certify the installation and notify the local authority that the work complies with building regulations.

The bottom line is that a number of factors need to be taken into account in determining cable size and these would require knowledge no one here is in possession of. A quick visit from your electrician would provide the answer.

he should come on next week... but in the general i dont believe to these ppl here in the country where i am located atm.
so 2nd opinion should be nice.

That’s your second opinion then.

When I was “on the tools” I hated customers who bought their own materials. Often it was just plain wrong, or some cheapo tat that wouldn’t last a week. Or it hadn’t arrived. All of these added to time on thd job, and cost the customer more ££.
On more than one occasion I’ve just walked out to another job.
Look, It’s a new circuit. You’ll need a registered electrician, he/she has trained for years, is competent and is assessed annually. Trust him/her, you won’t save any money.

Last edited:
That’s your second opinion then.

When I was “on the tools” I hated customers who bought their own materials. Often it was just plain wrong, or some cheapo tat that wouldn’t last a week. Or it hadn’t arrived. All of these added to time on thd job, and cost the customer more ££.
On more than one occasion I’ve just walked out to another job.
Look, It’s a new circuit. You’ll need a registered electrician, he/she has trained for years, is competent and is assessed annually. Trust him/her, you won’t save any money.
Bc I am currently in Czechia
I do not trust these people at all.

I am not in west eu or US... So it's pain here. So many diletans and I can imagine how they are assessed :/

Bc I am currently in Czechia
I do not trust these people at all.

I am not in west eu or US... So it's pain here. So many diletans and I can imagine how they are assessed :/
Surely it's a three-phase supply there rather than a large single phase supply? You really need someone familiar with Czech wiring regulations and practices.

He said i have 1phase 25A CB, and he said that my induction 7.3kw should work with it... that these are modern and know how to regulate power....

but he suggested that i should go for 2x 25A CB setup.

Confused.

He said i have 1phase 25A CB, and he said that my induction 7.3kw should work with it... that these are modern and know how to regulate power....

but he suggested that i should go for 2x 25A CB setup.

Confused.
It would probably work fine on the single phase due to diversity if nothing else.

Reply to 7. 3 kw INDUCTION HOB in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock