Discuss 8 bedroom 8 bathroom property in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Amar

-
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Just joined the forum today, hoping to pick your brains now and again as I've been watching as a guest for a while and found it to be a friendly and knowledgeable place to be!

I'm an Electrician myself and run a electrical and building contractors within the west midlands.

As the thread says I'm refurbishing what was a 6 bedroom 3 bathroom property and converting it to an large 8 En suited bedroom property spread over 3 floors. The property has a cellar also. Basically what I'm trying to figure out before I get any heating engineers out to give me a price ( we are unfortunately Gas Safe registered yet) is the best way to control/supply the house with hot water and heating.

My idea was the have everything in the cellar if this permits against any gas safe/fire regulations, can be fire boarded if required (gas meter is located there, ceiling height in cellar in 2m)

So I was thinking of having a separate boiler just for heating the -
- 12 x 1200mm x 700mm double radiators
- 9 x 300mm x 400mm x single radiators

and a separate system boiler for the hot water required for En suites and kitchen sinks.
I've guessed the unvented cylinder size needed to be around 500 litres, 50 litres for each person. overkill?? and 12 litres/ person for kitchen/bathroom sinks/ day.

The last thing we want is to run out of hot water. As bills will be included we have to take into account tenants taking the p**s a bit when showering although I will be supplying eco shower heads and taps which I'm hoping will reduce the litres used.

At the same time we would like the system to be as efficient and cost effective as possible.

7 day programmers for each boiler??

I'm not a heating engineer, just know a bit of basic plumbing so please if you can advise on any other options out there, thermos store, heat pump. It would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I thought that being on electricians forum I'd get access to the plumbers forum which looks the same as this but for some reason I cant sign in or even open a new account so thought I'd try here. Are threads in this category just for electrical issues on CH systems

This sounds like a HMO ......
Yes, we do a lot of HMO's for clients but not as large as this. We did have a heating engineer that we worked closely with on them but he has become really unreliable, although good as his job he would prefer to come to work ----ed and drink on site , which I wont tolerate

Have you hunted around on YouTube?
Take a look at these :-
HMO Boiler Solution
Managed Heating Solution:-

Really helpful, thanks for that. Didn't think of YouTube, thought it would be best to see what experienced engineers thought of the situation. Although I know Nick at Pegasus uk is very experienced in converting large HMO's. Would be nice to now what the bills are!

tbh your best looking for a commercial plumber and gas safe engy as your looking about 35-40 kw just for the rads and then another 40-50kw for the unvented cylinder or two depending on how you set it up

the most important part is water main pressure and flow this governs you with everything, unless you want to start pumping it

but pop over to the plumbers forum your more than welcome, but you will need to make a new account

Gas Engineer & Plumbing Advice Forum - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/

Reply to 8 bedroom 8 bathroom property in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net