Discuss 8 way IP rated device for switching garden accessories in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

Octopus

Ok guys and girls, I could do with drawing on all your experience and product knowledge...

Got a client who wants to install "switching" for 4 water features, 1 UV lamp and 2 lights. 4 of the "outputs" will need to be SWA. The existing "old" stuff uses a 4 way Blagdon box and another 4 way box of an unknown 10+ year old box. Neither of the boxes have SWA glands but need to!

So in the ideal world I need a product so that the client could switch off, (mechanical switches no remote stuff thanks), from a single location.

Sorry if its a bit vague but I hope you get the picture!!

IP65 adaptable box,din rail inside with a couple of relays (aslong as equipment is below 5A). Take the live for each bit of equipment through a N/O contact on relays then a single outdoor lightswitch to switch the control live for the relays.

That's if everything goes back to the same point.....that's what i'd do but it's likely there's something out there that is premade for the job.

Thanks. Was hoping to find something "off the shelf", I'll have to look over the weekend.

Is the location of the switch the same place as the cables or is it in a different location?

Hum, all but one cable is to be reused from a previous install, so I've got 3 SWA cables and 5 normal" outdoor cables to accomodate which is complicating matters somewhat.

Thanks

Looked at these and the only drawback is that they cater for SWA for the supply but it would seem not the loads - having said that maybe there would be room to remove the standard gland and replace with SWA glands??

Yes thought it might be a bit tight but you may get away with it, Thats why I thought two side by side may give you a bit lee way.

Reply to 8 way IP rated device for switching garden accessories in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock