Discuss A bit of fun, guess the quote in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I don't think its a case of him not wanting the job, more a case of it might run into a second day so he has quoted on the high side to allow for a second visit.
I only ever quote 'high' so to speak if the jobs is awkward and have had my fingers burned many times underestimating the time side of things...

I personally price every single job using exactly the same hourly rate regardless if you live in a 7 bed mansion or 2 bed flat.
my hourly rate is transparent and clear on every quote I do.

I don’t charge extra for call out and I don’t charge for quotes.

just a fixed hourly rate
Call outs I always charge for .And I make sure the customer confirms acceptance by whatsapp etc . I am not getting out of bed and messing up my free time just to charge a hours money etc .

Friend of wife has just secured a full time nanny position .Fully via the books .£36k a year . with use of car
maybe she could moonlight nannying newly "qualified" domestic installers on how to improve their skills enough to get into niceic.

maybe she could moonlight nannying newly "qualified" domestic installers on how to improve their skills enough to get into niceic.
£36 is more than my wife gets as a senior medical team member at a private hospital !

And another thing; I have a few trainees and the common trait among them barring one, is they wont listen. So newbie does an EICR and I wanted to go through it with them. For instance C2 for no RCD, they said codebreakers says C2. I say Codebreakers is not a bona fide source like regulations and statutes. I said C3 for no RCD with a strong recommendation to upgrade. The client simply cannot afford the upgrade and it is NOT necessary to classify it as C2. Trainee will not listen and insists it is their name on it. Couldn't even discuss it with them so I re-wrote it and issued a Satisfactory. Honestly if you saw the EICR you would have pulled it to pieces. Ya tells 'em, but they don't listen!

Which begs the question should C3 even be a thing when it comes to Eicrs

shouldnot an eicr only highlight the dangerous & potential dangerous issues

the rest is surely unremarkable

Yes, because some people may well want some of the more minor things sorting out. Especially since they are likely to be cheaper to fix than C2s.

I know what you mean. However, a few of the landlords I've done EICRs for like everything to be as compliant as possible, even asking for the C3s to be remedied.
And who am I to turn them away?

A friend of mine has just had a golf lesson that cost him £300 for 4 hours. The vast majority of that time was spent chatting.
Golf lessons , tennis lessons , personal fitness training etc the biggest racket going

my wife used to pay £110 for a personal fitness trainer for 2 hour session to come to our house

they literally spent the first hour chatting about their week

Ya tells 'em, but they don't listen!
I think that's all part of the modern generation... I know we were probably the same when we were youngsters, but not to the extent of the 'entitled' youth of today. I seem to remember that we were taught to respect experience and the elderly... now, all older people are not 'woke' enough to be listened to...

Second wet pants text us yesterday evening asking if his mate could pop round today to quote for the job

I asked why ? cant you give us your quote first , he never replied

seems odd really , perhaps too busy and just too small a job I’m guessing

So second wet pants + his carpenter buddy wanted nearly £3000 to fit a loo , sink and do a bit of flooring

think I will be using first wet pants

Scary amount of money. Be interesting to see how long it takes him.

Reply to A bit of fun, guess the quote in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock