Discuss A bit of fun, guess the quote in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

How big is this bathroom, 3 grand sounds a bit excessive
Tiny , 2m x 2m usable floor space

bath is staying put, wife ordered a new side board type toilet / sink vanity she wants plumber in and new flooring

I think £3000 for 2 days Labour is too steep even for my area as we are suppling the actual flooring as well

So second wet pants + his carpenter buddy wanted nearly £3000 to fit a loo , sink and do a bit of flooring

think I will be using first wet pants
If I was still in the trade of fitting kitchens and bathrooms I'd travel down and do you this myself. Assuming it's as straightforward as 2 days for a tradesman and his mate, then I'd be charging around £900 - £1100 labour only, and including travel & one night stop over.

Wren just quoted one of my customers £400 to put 5 sockets back on as part of a kitchen fit! Everything already in place, just the three connections each.

My reaction was disbelief. My day rate is £240, or £60 for first hr then £30 after. £400 is extraction the urine. Especially as we know it's not going to be a sparks who does it.

the independent kitchen company I work for charge £750 a day + materials to the customer for electrical alterations, I think the gas man to connect / move any gas pipes is something batty like £500 per half day.

my sister was just quoted £24,000 by howdens to fit a new kitchen , Labour rates must be in excess of £1000 per day

Last edited:
the independent kitchen company I work for charge £750 a day + materials to the customer for electrical alterations, I think the gas man to connect / move any gas pipes is something batty like £500 per half day.

my sister was just quoted £24,000 by howdens to fit a new kitchen , Labour rates must be in excess of £1000 per day

Unbelievable figures them.

OMG! This is scandalous, I spat out my coffee in disbelief!

So what is the material / labour split on that £24,000 and what is the contribution to the chairman and chief execs bonus

That's a quote worthy of Winston Churchill.

That's a quote worthy of Winston Churchill.

scary thing is she nearly went with it and was seconds away from signing the order when she called me ask if imo was it a fair price

I told her NO, £24 grand is way expensive and to shop around

we did out kitchen 5 years ago using an independent company for £6500 and our kitchen is the same sizes

So , took the day off today and fitted my new sink / toilet unity unit

quite a fiddly faffy job as had to cut several bits out of the back of each unit (so bought myself a new jigsaw) so for the pipes to come across but apart from that it went in fine

now all that’s left is to pull up the old flooring , lay new 5mm ply as instructed by the flooring company in readyness for the new LVT

saved myself over £1000 in Labour

Who Needs a Wet Pants

Reply to A bit of fun, guess the quote in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net