Discuss A good example why not to use a Twist connector! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

well i cant see it Lenny...after all the jury is still out on wago`s isn`t it and they are clearly better than this....

all those twisters are doing is twisting the cable together,we were taught to do the same with pliers at college,now people dont twist cables,a push in connector can cause problems over time its only a spring,so crimping would be the best method but theres always a need for faster connections and the twisters and wagos offer that.

all those twisters are doing is twisting the cable together,we were taught to do the same with pliers at college,now people dont twist cables,a push in connector can cause problems over time its only a spring,so crimping would be the best method but theres always a need for faster connections and the twisters and wagos offer that.
dont get me wrong...i like crimps and will use em wherever appropriate.....i just look at some of this stuff.....and think it isn`t even a go-er.....

dont get me wrong...i like crimps and will use em wherever appropriate.....i just look at some of this stuff.....and think it isn`t even a go-er.....

i prefer the crimp method too,but as you know its not always possible due to short cables/tight places etc,but both wago and ideal are international companies suppyling connectors so theres a lot of people using them to keep them going,both have their pros and cons and people who prefer one over the other.

I seem to remember these twisty things also do a IP rated twisty things. with a gel. But TBH they looked even more questionable than the normal ones , couldnt get my head around em. seemed so vulnerable.

I seem to remember these twisty things also do a IP rated twisty things. with a gel. But TBH they looked even more questionable than the normal ones , couldnt get my head around em. seemed so vulnerable.
these `twisters` as they go by...they still need to be in an enclosure....

In my opinion, anything that involves twisting cables is a pain in the a*** when coming to testing. It really peeves me when i test at a socket and the lives and cpc are twisted, but thats another thread.:veryangry2:

In my opinion, anything that involves twisting cables is a pain in the a*** when coming to testing. It really peeves me when i test at a socket and the lives and cpc are twisted, but thats another thread.:veryangry2:
shouldn`t affect testing though should it....you test an install with the socket fronts IN PLACE.....your R1+Rn & R1+R2 confirms wether correct polarity has been acheaved.....now if you had said inspections...well then thats a different matter...now, i dont like twisted CPCs n stuff like that...but at a socket it dont effect the testing process.....different matter at the board/CU though....

shouldn`t affect testing though should it....you test an install with the socket fronts IN PLACE.....your R1+Rn & R1+R2 confirms wether correct polarity has been acheaved.....now if you had said inspections...well then thats a different matter...now, i dont like twisted CPCs n stuff like that...but at a socket it dont effect the testing process.....different matter at the board/CU though....

On the testing side of this debate:- These 'turkey twizlers' are so much easier to disconnect, separate the wires and put it back to normal once tested?

So much better than unscrewing a choc block, henley or a jb, much easier than pushing a spring clip on an ashley connecter and so much faster than pulling a lever on a wago! Now reconnect the wires? What's that, the previous spark that fitted them in the backbox didn't leave enough cable to snip off the twisted ends so you can ensure a good connection?

I really don't like these, It's like trusting a toothpaste cap to sort out your terminations problems (that we didn't have a problem before).

Let's see how fast the company pulls out of the market due to poor sales? Let's put it this way, would you buy shares in them?

ideal hae been trading for 96 yrs they must be doing something right,and you have to snip the wires of a push in connector to remake them off also,theres a market for all types of connector

On the testing side of this debate:- These 'turkey twizlers' are so much easier to disconnect, separate the wires and put it back to normal once tested?

So much better than unscrewing a choc block, henley or a jb, much easier than pushing a spring clip on an ashley connecter and so much faster than pulling a lever on a wago! Now reconnect the wires? What's that, the previous spark that fitted them in the backbox didn't leave enough cable to snip off the twisted ends so you can ensure a good connection?

I really don't like these, It's like trusting a toothpaste cap to sort out your terminations problems (that we didn't have a problem before).

Let's see how fast the company pulls out of the market due to poor sales? Let's put it this way, would you buy shares in them?
interesting Paul....well, i think you already know my thoughts on iffy work eh?...lol...

How??? I know you twist it out but when there are multiple cores in there you can't twist the wago or the core

Never had a problem getting a cable out of a wago if I need to. Btw, wago's/Line connectors have a testing point.

So how do you get them out of the wago push ins, and where is the testing point? , I'm not questioning it , I am just trying to persuade myself to use them!!!

I have used spring terminations such as Wagos on equipment since 1993, they were very reliable, and yes the kit was from mainland Europe, toward the end I worked for the manufacturer.

Lenny,
The last time I looked, only the most expensive were CE marked, not sure if this is still the case.
However, I would NOT use them EVER.

I'll make a few enquiries with some engineering / design consultants I know and see what they have to say.

Reply to A good example why not to use a Twist connector! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock