• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Adding outside light and moving cables? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Ghacking

DIY
Reaction score
Hi,
I have removed a canopy from above my front door in preparation for a new door and glass panel being fitted. I’ve come across some very poor electrical work which I’ll need to tidy up. But to cut a long story short. The cable before to the outside light was run in the canopy then dropped down to light in that cheap white trucking with the click off front approx 1500mm from the hole in the wall.

Moving forward I have no canopy to hide the cable and would light to add an additional light to the opposite side of the door (about 3000mm) from the existing. The simplest option would be to use heavy duty conduit with glued joints, unfortunately the wife wants the cables hidden. Do I have any other options, unfortunately the cable comes out of the house in the wall in the hall and not in the floor so finding and extending isn’t an option.

Finally, if I do go down the conduit route the lights have the cable access from the rear what’s the best way of getting the cable out of the conduit and into the light?

Picture attached, lead will be removed. the light to the right of the door will remain but will be changed and I’d like to put additional light on the left.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Adding outside light and moving cables? 0595EC11-8775-4B33-85B1-D9B59BCB6980 - EletriciansForums.net
    0595EC11-8775-4B33-85B1-D9B59BCB6980.jpeg
    227.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Adding outside light and moving cables? F2210E66-8799-4903-A2AB-D1437B926800 - EletriciansForums.net
    F2210E66-8799-4903-A2AB-D1437B926800.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 15

Reply to Adding outside light and moving cables? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back