Discuss Additional circuit in Kitchen in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

EddieB

-
Arms
Reaction score
I changed some old tired 13a sockets for new ones in a kitchen the board is a starbreaker type, I will have to replace the CB with a RCBO,I've checked the main earth and bonding this is undersized I'll replace the undersized earth and bonding cables, is this the extent of my work or does it go further ie replace all the CB's with RCBO's I know this would be good practice but the financial side for the client will be quite considereable as the RCBO's for these babies are about £40 each.

You do not need to do anything at all to the existing install if you are doing a straight swap of accessories and not moving anything.

However, if some installation work has been carried out then yes, main bonds should ideally be upgraded, and definately an RCBO on ANY circuit you have altered.

Reply to Additional circuit in Kitchen in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I am looking for some advice regarding old rewireable (3036) fuse boards in regards to additions and alterations. I am an electrician and...
Replies
Views
I'm planning a replacement for my existing domestic CU and would like to have it sanity checked before I get an electrician involved. The main...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all. Apologies if this is a stupid question. I'm currently half part way through completing 2391 (second exam tonight) - so may be...
Replies
Views
Hello i've recently just had a re wire done on a three bed semi house, Ive noticed a few things im not 100 percent on ive spoken to the firm that...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Planning on wiring my neighbour's summer house which will be 15 metres away from the end of the house (20-25 metres total distance from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock