Discuss Advice , changing immersion hearted switch to digital timer in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Thanks for getting back to us & letting us know buddy. Your not an idiot at all, we all like to try and save money. Sometimes though, it's best to get expert advice. Be glad you had the sense to come here and ask for advice, before trying to bodge it in & maybe hurting yourself or worse.
Please keep us posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Running off upstairs lighting" that explains the 2 feeds. Must be from strappers so it stays on when the light is on or off. Surprised they didn't fit a dimmer to control the temperature. I can't find it anywhere in the OSG.
perhaps that's why he's only got warm water. probably got warm cables also.

Looking at the photo again, I can't see how that works. If those are strappers then it would never turn off. So back to my original position, I'm baffled. I suppose that's why Part P was enacted, there a lot of it about. I blame Barry Bucknell. In the 60s and 70s a measure of a mans worth was his diy bodging skills.

Looking at the photo again, I can't see how that works. If those are strappers then it would never turn off. So back to my original position, I'm baffled. I suppose that's why Part P was enacted, there a lot of it about. I blame Barry Bucknell. In the 60s and 70s a measure of a mans worth was his diy bodging skills.

Only problem is that nobody knows who bodged it in, may have been a Spark in the first place not a DIY'er. Part p doesn't stop this sort of carp happening.

OP I do hope you have employed the services of an electrician, because you posted this, New guy DIYer every days a schoolday! - http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/threads/new-guy-diyer-every-days-a-schoolday.121650/, eight minutes before you posted here.

In any case, if you are in rented accommodation, it is down to your landlord to rectify any faults, and you should be seeking your landlords permission, before adding any kind of electrical timer etc, or before doing any such alteration.

Just saying :)

Reply to Advice , changing immersion hearted switch to digital timer in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock