Discuss Advice on industrial unit wiring in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

cts5555

Hi guys,

Im looking for someone to point me in the right direction, i have a plan for 3ph and single phase distribution for a industrial unit. Basically consists of :

3 off 3phase 10a isolator sockets
4 off single phase double sockets
2.5mm 3ph wiring
2.5mm 2ph wiring

I'd like info on wiring this lot:

With regards to the 3ph wiring,
Can the 3 sockets be wired in series back to a single 3pole circuit breaker in the dis board according to the drawing?

What type of cable should be used and can it be used without truncking or would SWA be required?

The drawing state that each outlet requires a 10A breaker, this would mean that each outlet requires a local 10a breaker and a main breaker in the dis board?

Can someone reccommend a 3ph outlet socket with built in breaker/isolator. Or am i missing something here as i cant seem to find any online.

Any reccommendations as to the cheapest place to purchase these items?

Thanks

MOD EDIT - NO UNSOLICITED ADVERTS PLEASE. THANK YOU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there.

I dont like raining on anyones parade but it seems obvious that this is a bit more than you can deal with not knowing which type of wireing method to use, overcurrent protection, even circuit layout.

Messing around with 3phase in particular when you are not sure could end in disaster.

Please dont take this the wrong way.

Cheers.

Ok, advice taken.

If i was looking to keep the costs to a minimum, is there any problem with me installing the oulets etc and getting a pro to wire it all up?

Im just a little confused as to whether the 3 phase isolators require a local 10a breaker or if it could be run from the isolator/socket straight to the dis board ( 25m or so )?

Thanks

Hey.

Theres no problem with you mounting all the outlets at all.

The first thing I would suggest is to contact an electrician and arrange a meeting to discuss wether he'd be willing for you to do as much of the work that you and him are happy for you to do and go from there really.

I'd understand the whole wanting to keep costs down thing, especially in this current climate.

Cheers.

Reply to Advice on industrial unit wiring in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock