Discuss Advice required for Napit member, what EICR can i use? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

saggers

Hello, I am currently waiting for my Napit assessment, I have paid but not yet been given a date. I need to price up some EICR jobs and abit unsure of exactly what i need to produce. The previous company i worked for were NICEIC so we used there forms on the amtech PC program, 2 sets of forms were printed off, one for the customer the other was kept for future reference.

I have seen the new PDF editable certs that Tester Steve has put on this forum. Im guessing I want to be using these for any future reports i do? Will Napit accept these? Once filled in what are my legal obligations? I presume i print off 2 copies, issue customer 1, kept 1 for my records, and ill also save a copy on my PC. Will these print onto plain paper or do i need to buy blank certificates like you do on the amtech software? Last question is regarding the report number, would i start my reports at say 001 and up, or do these numbers need to match something else? Im sure the NICEIC reports come already numbered.

Many thanks.

The pdf ones on here have some errors in, another member has offered to try to amend the mistakes. If it weren't for the typos I'd use them. I'll be using the ones off the IET site that are syntatically & grammatically correct and therefore make me not look like an amateur.

Hi mate,

I use the ones off the IET site, it does not matter how you number them, as long as they are each numbered uniquely (ie. different for each job).

I usually print two sets, one to fill in on site (rough copy) and then fill a neat version in back at office/home for the client.

The client gets the 'original' and I keep a photocopy/scan.

Yeah i've found the ones on the IET site, im guessing you hand fill yours in? Ideally i wanted to print them off, is this possible with these or do i need to look at another option.

I still use the quill method!

Same as me then lol.

Ideally i wanted to print them off, is this possible with these or do i need to look at another option.

You can get software at a price to do this, at one place I worked we were given grid sheets to fill in onsite (excel ?) and these were then collated at the office into a software certification program and printed off or whatever.

I have no idea of the cost of this, but there are threads on here on this subject.

Same as me then lol.

You can get software at a price to do this, at one place I worked we were given grid sheets to fill in onsite (excel ?) and these were then collated at the office into a software certification program and printed off or whatever.

I have no idea of the cost of this, but there are threads on here on this subject.

Suppose it depends how many you do! I might do ten a year, I know some firms might be doing ten a week.

Yeah i've found the ones on the IET site, im guessing you hand fill yours in? Ideally i wanted to print them off, is this possible with these or do i need to look at another option.

I've just discovered that Adobe Reader X has a typewriter tool which you can use to fill the forms in.
You can then use 'Save As' to .......... save them. :rolleyes4::rolleyes4::rolleyes4::shades_smile:

I've just discovered that Adobe Reader X has a typewriter tool which you can use to fill the forms in.
You can then use 'Save As' to .......... save them. :rolleyes4::rolleyes4::rolleyes4::shades_smile:

yes i did try that not the quickest way to fill them in and the tick toxes are abit shall to insert a tick in neatly.

So am i right in thinking you guys just print the IET ones off in b&w then hand fill them and issue after taking a copy? Is there any blank ones you can buy then fill in, just thinking it might look more professional if there a proper form with abit of colour on. Probably expensive tho.

Yes mate,
I just print the IET ones and hand fill.

You can buy pre-printed ones from Electrical wholesalers or from your scheme provider if you so wish, some of the bought certs have carbon/copy and duplicate sheets already in place (so you can duplicate your mistakes lol).

Reply to Advice required for Napit member, what EICR can i use? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock