Discuss AFDD EICR - unsatisfactory report landlord in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hijack; is there a test methodology for AFDD's now, or just its self test? Just curious.
I think the closest you will get are the Hager AFDD's that have bluetooth connectivity and using their app it is possible to download diagnostic information from the device and also the AFDD can also be updated to cope with newer appliances being connected or mains born noise

Fridge and freezer are hard wired
Are the fridge and freezer hard wired .some set ups have a switch above the counter that operates a socket behind the fridge or in an adjacent cupboard. Just to add I thought one of the reason for AFDDs was to detect faults in such appliances such as fridges and freezers. So by hard wiring them it they no longer require the AFDDs . As far as I see it a fridge hard wired in could have the same fault as one plugged in. Just saying

Every report you read on the US forums say the AFDD's are a real problem area and are eventually removed, don't know enough about them to comment personally, but they do seem to be a solution looking for a problem.

Reply to AFDD EICR - unsatisfactory report landlord in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So I've recently had an EICR for my building. Came back with about 20 odd C2 remedials and a few F1's which resulted in UNSATISFACTORY being...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a property that I was looking to rent out. Its 12 years old property so relatively new. I had a EICR done from a qualified electrican...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, Just wondering what everyone's response to the following scenario is. Letting agents have asked us to carry out an EICR. There was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently had an EICR done at my property which unfortunately was unsatisfactory. So the electrican advised a new fuseboard from BG General...
Replies
Views
I am a landlord and my managing estate agent just recently organised an electrician to carry out EICR. Came back as unsatisfactory, no RCD...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock