Discuss Angled soffit LED downlights in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

gazdkw82

-
Arms
Reaction score
Need to install some soffit lighting (downlights) into the soffit of a bungalow. The problem is soffit itself isn't 90 degree horizontal with the building, it's more light 45 degrees.

Installing downlights into this would just create a small spot of light on wall.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a angled spotlight suitable for soffits?

You get asymmetrical spotlights in two varieties, one type has the lamp offset from the centre of the fitting and angled, the other type has optics built into it that makes the light angled, almost like a car headlight. Both of these types would sit flush into the soffit.
Angled soffit LED downlights 1 - EletriciansForums.net

I'm not sure what's readily available in the UK but you could also use a fitting that can be angled like this for example.Angled soffit LED downlights images - EletriciansForums.net

Or maybe look at a ''wall washer'' type light.
Angled soffit LED downlights 2 - EletriciansForums.net

I'd want some adjustment... I reckon if that beam is off slightly, it'll stand out like a pig at a bar mitzvah..

I think it has to be adjustable. Zerax is right, it could stand out if it's not right.

So I guess I'm looking for an IP56 or greater, angled spotlight suitable for soffits.

i've had IP20 downlights in soffit for 10 years. no trouble. rain comes down, not up.

I think it has to be adjustable. Zerax is right, it could stand out if it's not right.

So I guess I'm looking for an IP56 or greater, angled spotlight suitable for soffits.
It won't need to be ip56 in soffit they won't get soaked, I've seen normal ip20 spots installed many times with no issues bar some corrosion to older ones

Ansell Iris are nice lights but may prove costly if you have a lot to do. From memory they are about 40mm cut out, available in white/satin and have a good adjustable range. Also dimmable but will need wiring in series.

Reply to Angled soffit LED downlights in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock