Discuss Any best practices on installing/wiring configuration of multiple LED panels? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Anyone could recommend "best practices" for wiring methodology of 64 LEDs (each req. 10V@700mA)?
Including resistors, drivers, parallel/series, etc...
Part of the question is if these should be configured in an 8 x 8 configuration where each one bundle is a 4 x 4 series/parallel setup?

Drivers need to be in CC mode and each LED needs to be at 10V @ 700mA.
Thanks

Last edited:
Anyone could recommend "best practices" for wiring methodology of 64 LEDs (each req. 10V@700mA)?
Including resistors, drivers, parallel/series, etc...
Part of the question is if these should be configured in an 8 x 8 configuration where each one bundle is a 4 x 4 series/parallel setup?

Drivers need to be in CC mode and each LED needs to be at 10V @ 700mA.
Thanks
I'm not an LED practioner so can't comment about best practice, but since nobody's replied, here's my thoughts.
I'm not clear there is any scope for parallel connection in this CC arrangement.

With a driver like below you could put between 6 and 14 LED's in series run from one driver. You set the output current with a resistor. It happens that for 700mA output, you short the resistor terminals, so you don't need to faff with resistors in your case.
So for example you could do it with 4 drivers each powering a series chain of 13 and one driver powering 12.
Downside is, one lamp fails o/c, a lot go out! Therefore could use more drivers, less lamps on each. The extreme (using the driver below) would be 8 drivers with 8 lamps on each!

Last edited:

Reply to Any best practices on installing/wiring configuration of multiple LED panels? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net