Discuss Any recommendations for a good quality Torque Screw driver set please? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I'm a fan of the Wiha. If you can try a few different ones out before buying to see what suits you best.
Was just looking at a set of those - thanks. Is it possible to adjust the Torque settings or are they set to a unified standard, with all manufactures being set to the same setting?

Was just looking at a set of those - thanks. Is it possible to adjust the Torque settings or are they set to a unified standard, with all manufactures being set to the same setting?
Very easy to adjust providing you remember to push the torque setting driver (one with the black handle) in fully and make sure you only use it with the big red bit installed - I didn't first time I used it and nearly sent them back until I realised my mistake....:oops:

I went for the following set (appeared to be best value at the time), but to be honestly only real use the PZ/SL bit for torqueing up inside the CU.

Wiha TorqueVario VDE Interchangeable Torque Screwdriver Set 1-5Nm 11 Pcs - https://www.screwflix..com/p/wiha-torquevario-vde-interchangeable-torque-screwdriver-set-1-5nm-11-pcs/2581k

Very easy to adjust providing you remember to push the torque setting driver (one with the black handle) in fully and make sure you only use it with the big red bit installed - I didn't first time I used it and nearly sent them back until I realised my mistake....:oops:

I went for the following set (appeared to be best value at the time), but to be honestly only real use the PZ/SL bit for torqueing up inside the CU.

Wiha TorqueVario VDE Interchangeable Torque Screwdriver Set 1-5Nm 11 Pcs - https://www.screwflix..com/p/wiha-torquevario-vde-interchangeable-torque-screwdriver-set-1-5nm-11-pcs/2581k
Thanks for the info!

I have a Wera. Comes in a nice roll to hold multiple blades and very easy to adjust. I'm not a spark, so it's not used regularly, but qualtiy seems to be top notch.

Think there are a few variations of this driver, with different torque ranges, so you'd need to choose the one most suited for your work. I think the one I have is adjustable from 1.5-3.2Nm.

I have a Wera. Comes in a nice roll to hold multiple blades and very easy to adjust. I'm not a spark, so it's not used regularly, but qualtiy seems to be top notch.

Think there are a few variations of this driver, with different torque ranges, so you'd need to choose the one most suited for your work. I think the one I have is adjustable from 1.5-3.2Nm.
Wera on order - thank you all.

i already have a Wiha slim interchangeable set, so just bought the torque handle. only problem is that with the Wiha, the bits keep falling out. I've lost about 6 in the last 6 months and at £6 0dd apiece, not cheap to replace.

Wera for me , the standard interchange blades can be switched between the normal handle and torque handle ...

Draper also do one very similar

I looked at mine, it’s actually 1.2Nm to 3.0Nm

Had to go and check as this was niggling me and it is indeed 1.2-3.0Nm.

I got this set as an Amazon warehouse deal - as new for about £15 more than the driver on its own. Went with Wera as I had a couple of handles and all the blades I needed, so ended up with doubles of most. The torque driver has only been used for one job (wanted to ensure I hadn't squashed conductors to within an inch of their existence), but can not fault the simplicity or quality of it. The regular handles get used a lot and, again, I can not fault them - blades locate as solidly as the day they were new. I guess the only issue with Wera is whether or not people find the handles comfortable, but they suit me just fine.

[/QUOTE]
Had to go and check as this was niggling me and it is indeed 1.2-3.0Nm.

I got this set as an Amazon warehouse deal - as new for about £15 more than the driver on its own. Went with Wera as I had a couple of handles and all the blades I needed, so ended up with doubles of most. The torque driver has only been used for one job (wanted to ensure I hadn't squashed conductors to within an inch of their existence), but can not fault the simplicity or quality of it. The regular handles get used a lot and, again, I can not fault them - blades locate as solidly as the day they were new. I guess the only issue with Wera is whether or not people find the handles comfortable, but they suit me just fine.
love Wera, best screwdrivers out there in my opinion

Do most sporks actually use a torque screwdriver , I honestly can’t say I have ever seen one used on site ...

Reply to Any recommendations for a good quality Torque Screw driver set please? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock