Discuss Applying for a job - statement of support in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bleward

hi guys dont know if this is in the correct place to put this or not but a bit of feedback would be appreciated. I am currently employed but i am applying for a posistion that really appeals to me and so does the extra few grand a year :)

Anyway you dont need to send in your cv but fill out an application form and there is a section on "statement of support" which basically reads as a sell yourself to us here section but after writing out a quick draft it was 3 pages of A4 :eek: am i blowing my trumpet too much to the selection panel or is there such a thing as too much detail? i have tried to be breif about all aspects i have carried out since passing my fica in 2000 in the 2 posistions i have been emloyed in since then but i really dont know if what i have is good or bad, anyone else been in this situation? i have passed it on to a sparky friend of mine who i served my time with and i am waiting on him getting back to me. any advice is really really appreciated

cheers

Blow your trumpet mate!!!

Tell them how good you are, what you can do, experience etc etc, but make sure you have job examples to back it up with because they will ask at the interview stage.

I have found in the subbie world that telling them that I can do anything they ask has got me a long way!! However, if you are bull ****ting it won't take long for them to find out.

Reply to Applying for a job - statement of support in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am an experienced electrical engineer consultant in building services, and I am looking to expand my professional horizons by taking on side...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Sorry, I won't take much of your time. To cut a long story short, I am newly qualified and have domestic installation/commercial...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just wondering what the general situation is with other people on smaller jobs, do you give a quote or estimate to the client before you...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock