Discuss Assessment / Install questions in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

just get the correct MCB. from post #9.... ssimpless.

from the fuse company.siemens 5SY41, 16A type C.

Ok, I've stopped being stupid and found the correct ones on the Fuse company's website.

So 16a type in spare way on CU (already RCD protected by main incoming switch) out with armoured 2.5mm clipped to house wall, down to rotory isolator on hot tub. Job done!

Sounds good, in the meantime I phoned the fuse company, who gave me the number of another company selling recons' See if we can sell 35 years worth of collected MCB's :)

Sorry didn't see this, But will it go against me if he see's its a 20 instead of a 16?
no.
its the cable your protecting...hence my question at #19
it will require a minimum of 16A...with characteristic curves to type 3/C
like i says...as long as the cable CCC is good for it (after any correction factors have been aplied)...and the Zs is good...then off you go...

Also regarding earthing arrangements (I am yet to look at what install his is) and will have to hunt to find it as his CU is 2 3rds of the way up his hallway wall (my guess would be the small bin shed outside the front door) I am utter crap at remembering the different types and will check regs but are there any that will require my to supplement any extra bonding (earth ground spike) or will this all depend on Zs and Ze results regardless of what arrangement he has now?

find out what the earthing system is. measure your Ze. check bonding and allow for rectification if needed. don't forget, if it'
's TN-S and the bonding is 6mm, it's OK if it's intact and undamaged.

his unit looks slightly different to this but the MCB's are the same.

I really don't fancy doing it that way I I'm honest! I think it's a lot of work to fit a supply a 16a supply.

If a jobs worth doing and all that.

Its probably quicker easier cheaper to splits tails a put in a new small CU

If he installs a secondary board off the tails via henleys will the inspector moan about a lack of a seal on the meter or do they not look at that sort off thing?

Reply to Assessment / Install questions in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net