Discuss Australian Wiring regs - where to find? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Spesh

Hi Guys

Apolgies for my first post being a question but I'm a little desperate! Got a nice little contract to fit out some harsh enviroment GRP cabins that are due to be shipped out to Australia and we've been asked to wire to Australian regs so they can be connected and tested quickly once on site. Only problem is I'm not getting very far in finding regs! I've found a PDF of some south australian regs that got me as far as they use old colours but thats about it.

Specifically need to know about RCD's up front and any oddities arising from what is technically a transportable building.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Hi Guys

Apolgies for my first post being a question but I'm a little desperate! Got a nice little contract to fit out some harsh enviroment GRP cabins that are due to be shipped out to Australia and we've been asked to wire to Australian regs so they can be connected and tested quickly once on site. Only problem is I'm not getting very far in finding regs! I've found a PDF of some south australian regs that got me as far as they use old colours but thats about it.

Specifically need to know about RCD's up front and any oddities arising from what is technically a transportable building.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Mark,

This site have them.

International Standards and Technical Resource Infostore

Hope this helps! ;)

Warren

Hi Guys

Thanks in advance
Mark
sockets are different out there,you might have bother getting them here.Their t&e cables are stranded unlike our solid ones.They use a lot of orange circular out there,which is like a heavy duty flex almost.They don't use ring circuits,you will need to install a circuit for aircon,probably 32amp,maybe a shower circuit,maybe a water heater circuit,maybe a cooker circuit,and will probably have a ceiling fan and multy wire controller.Most of the stuff I used out there was manufactored by clipsal,and they maybe able to get hold of socket plates for you,oh and also their switch boxes and socket boxes are the same size,and don't match with our size of cut out.Again clipsal should be able to help you there.Also when I was there(many years ago)wiring regs differed from state to state,for instance in Queensland all earths (cpcs)had to be soldered together at the board,whereas in new south wales all earth connections had to have 2screws securing the connection as opposed to 1 for live and neutral.You might be best advertising for an aussie spark to give you a hand.

Hi, I'am a little late but aussie/nz share the the same regs book, search;

"electrical workers registration board new zealand" a cross between jib/niceic, govt run and only approx ÂŁ45 yr..........................

Reply to Australian Wiring regs - where to find? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net