uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Best Book on the Regs? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
W

wayne

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
have you got your exam coming up??

S

sparkyork

as wayne says if you've got a 17th exam looming then theres a good book for that, cant remember its exact name tho, shakey knows for sure.

not sure if the guidance notes would be helpful or not, tho there are 8 in total not including gs38

rich

J

johny99

I used the 17th Edition learning guide which has been produced by the NICEIC, load of pictures and perhaps best of all lots of questions in the guide and things to do which meant you had to read the regs..
One tip before you do the exam mark your regs up with lots of tags so you can find the regs quickly. Cheer Johny

S

Shakey

I used the 17th Edition learning guide which has been produced by the NICEIC, load of pictures and perhaps best of all lots of questions in the guide and things to do which meant you had to read the regs..
One tip before you do the exam mark your regs up with lots of tags so you can find the regs quickly. Cheer Johny
but check with your exam centre first!

some centres dont let you take in tabbed upp books

W

wattsup

Just read 'the guide to the 16th edition'...then remember to use rcd's.
There is soon to be an ammendment to the 17th, 12a/23c, where if a wet suit and rubber gloves are provided within shower enclosure, a tv and electric fan heater can be used, however the ip factor is that high for the said suit that getting washed may be a struggle. Also the shower must be bonded to blackpool tower, with a warning attached 'danger do not remove this tower'

W

wayne

im waiting for the guide to the guide to the guide which will be so simple ill understand it
it may even be in pop up form and come with a 13amp plug attached !!

D

dixon9

have you got your exam coming up??
Not yet but I wil need to book it once I get back to the UK.

For purposes of help in passing the exam I´ll probably also use one of the simulator packages on the market at the moment.

I will, of course buy the regs, osg etc BUT I was also looking for a handy, clear, illustrated reference.

Just read 'the guide to the 16th edition'...then remember to use rcd's.
There is soon to be an ammendment to the 17th, 12a/23c, where if a wet suit and rubber gloves are provided within shower enclosure, a tv and electric fan heater can be used, however the ip factor is that high for the said suit that getting washed may be a struggle. Also the shower must be bonded to blackpool tower, with a warning attached 'danger do not remove this tower'
Call this a stab in the dark but do I detect a hint of irony in your post?

:);)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dinosaur

Try "guide to the wiring regulations, 17th edition" writen by Darrell Locke for the ECA. I found it v good lots of good clear pics.

ISBN:978-0-470-51685-0

Cost about 20 squiddlies.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to Best Book on the Regs? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom