Discuss Best Book on the Regs? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

as wayne says if you've got a 17th exam looming then theres a good book for that, cant remember its exact name tho, shakey knows for sure.

not sure if the guidance notes would be helpful or not, tho there are 8 in total not including gs38

rich

I used the 17th Edition learning guide which has been produced by the NICEIC, load of pictures and perhaps best of all lots of questions in the guide and things to do which meant you had to read the regs..
One tip before you do the exam mark your regs up with lots of tags so you can find the regs quickly. Cheer Johny

I used the 17th Edition learning guide which has been produced by the NICEIC, load of pictures and perhaps best of all lots of questions in the guide and things to do which meant you had to read the regs..
One tip before you do the exam mark your regs up with lots of tags so you can find the regs quickly. Cheer Johny

but check with your exam centre first!

some centres dont let you take in tabbed upp books

Just read 'the guide to the 16th edition'...then remember to use rcd's.
There is soon to be an ammendment to the 17th, 12a/23c, where if a wet suit and rubber gloves are provided within shower enclosure, a tv and electric fan heater can be used, however the ip factor is that high for the said suit that getting washed may be a struggle. Also the shower must be bonded to blackpool tower, with a warning attached 'danger do not remove this tower'

im waiting for the guide to the guide to the guide which will be so simple ill understand it
it may even be in pop up form and come with a 13amp plug attached !!

have you got your exam coming up??

Not yet but I wil need to book it once I get back to the UK.

For purposes of help in passing the exam I´ll probably also use one of the simulator packages on the market at the moment.

I will, of course buy the regs, osg etc BUT I was also looking for a handy, clear, illustrated reference.

Just read 'the guide to the 16th edition'...then remember to use rcd's.
There is soon to be an ammendment to the 17th, 12a/23c, where if a wet suit and rubber gloves are provided within shower enclosure, a tv and electric fan heater can be used, however the ip factor is that high for the said suit that getting washed may be a struggle. Also the shower must be bonded to blackpool tower, with a warning attached 'danger do not remove this tower'

Call this a stab in the dark but do I detect a hint of irony in your post?

:);)

Last edited by a moderator:
Try "guide to the wiring regulations, 17th edition" writen by Darrell Locke for the ECA. I found it v good lots of good clear pics.

ISBN:978-0-470-51685-0

Cost about 20 squiddlies.

Reply to Best Book on the Regs? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock