Discuss Best Rcbo board at reasonable price in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

TheCodboy

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all! As the title suggests,I’m looking for your recommendations on the best rcbo boards available at a reasonable price. Doing my best to move away from dual rcd boards, but a lot of customers just wont pay the money for Rcbo’s. Any recommendations very welcome.

Read the recent posts on Fusebox boards.

I follow them on Twitter & Instagram. I know lots of people do rate them, but that’s just what I see on social media, and as we know sometimes things aren’t always as they seem on social media.

i use BG. with the compact RCBOs. good price from screwfix. even better from TLC.

Attached are photos of a couple of Fusebox ones from last week (a 14 way, and a somewhat under-utilized 10 way). The RCBOs are not compact, but at least they don't have trailing earth leads.

Best Rcbo board at reasonable price IMG_20200131_163326 - EletriciansForums.net
Best Rcbo board at reasonable price IMG_20200129_152641 - EletriciansForums.net

Attached are photos of a couple of Fusebox ones from last week (a 14 way, and a somewhat under-utilized 10 way). The RCBOs are not compact, but at least they don't have trailing earth leads.

View attachment 55536
View attachment 55535

Hi SJD, nice neat boards..

Just wondering what they are like in terms of quality.. Decent cage clamps, x1 and x5 all good results, well placed knockouts (that actually knock out without bending the casing), etc etc..

Your knowledge, or others, on these boards would be appreciated... Ta..

I've been using Lewden for the past couple of years due to them being a cost effective option. Quality is good and reliable.

Hager are still the best that I've used for quality and longevity in my opinion. Expensive in the comparative marketplace though.

I've been putting off using fusebox for a year or so to see how the company shapes up, but it looks like they are achieving stability despite being a fledgling company with massive initial uptake. I might have to have a go soon.

SBS are another contender but have recently undergone changes to the company so we will see how stable they shape up. I really rate the system they have opted for though.

My issues with SBS and fusebox are that mail order only options leave you a bit high and dry sometimes unless you invest in a personal stock. Fusebox are seeping into more and more wholesalers though

@Andy78 You can buy Fusebox from YESSS, not just mail order. YESSS have a nationwide account with the suppliers so any branch can get the stuff in for you. My branch has just taken stock of them after I convinced them to do so.

Just wondering what they are like in terms of quality.. Decent cage clamps, x1 and x5 all good results, well placed knockouts (that actually knock out without bending the casing), etc etc..

Some good points:
  • The "18th edition" versions include surge protection as standard, no longer bother to try and explain it to customers.
  • No messy earth leads for RCBOs.
  • Knockouts are secure until removed, and do knock out easily enough when required.
  • I've found the cage clamps etc OK, not had any problems.
  • Not had any RCBOs fail, all seem to have similar RCD test results (29ms is a common reading both x1 and x5).

Points for improvement:
  • Most of the knockouts top & bottom are 25mm or larger (just two 20mm ones). I'd have liked more 20mm ones, though there is room to put your own holes in.
  • A compact RCBO would be nice.

@Andy78 You can buy Fusebox from YESSS, not just mail order. YESSS have a nationwide account with the suppliers so any branch can get the stuff in for you. My branch has just taken stock of them after I convinced them to do so.

Ah good to know. I have a credit account at my local Yesss but haven't used them in a while.

Some good points:
  • The "18th edition" versions include surge protection as standard, no longer bother to try and explain it to customers.
  • No messy earth leads for RCBOs.
  • Knockouts are secure until removed, and do knock out easily enough when required.
  • I've found the cage clamps etc OK, not had any problems.
  • Not had any RCBOs fail, all seem to have similar RCD test results (29ms is a common reading both x1 and x5).

Points for improvement:
  • Most of the knockouts top & bottom are 25mm or larger (just two 20mm ones). I'd have liked more 20mm ones, though there is room to put your own holes in.
  • A compact RCBO would be nice.

Thanking you sir!

Good to hear feedback. I like that you say they have consistent RCBO results; it kinda points to good manufacturing in my book - albeit my knowledge of such is very limited!

I will check if my yesss has them too as per Richy and Andy..

My local CEF are stockists of Fusebox, as are 2 of my other wholesalers I use. The one in my town has stocked them for almost a year and I waited to see how they faired, seen a few other local contractors used them and regularly had pics on their Facebook page, so gave them a go and so far cannot fault them.
They have a a couple of 32,25 and 20mm knockouts top and bottom, they knockout easily too, hate the ones where the boards dent in ?

Hi,

We asked our branches for feedback on budget boards and RCBO's and they found the Lewden and BG were popular at the moment and selling well.

We've since added a range of Lewden consumer units, RCBO's and MCB's online.

BG will be added shortly.

Cheers,
Ivan

Some good points: The "18th edition" versions include surge protection as standard, no longer bother to try and explain it to customers. No messy earth leads for RCBOs. Knockouts are secure until removed, and do knock out easily enough when required. I've found the cage clamps etc OK, not had any problems. Not had any RCBOs fail, all seem to have similar RCD test results (29ms is a common reading both x1 and x5).
Source URL: Best Rcbo board at reasonable price - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/best-rcbo-board-at-reasonable-price.183001/

Hi All, fitted a Fusebox with surge protector and rcbo's last week and very pleased with it. Agree with SJD's comments and stock is available now filtering into wholesalers although I did order online. Compact rcbo's would be easier although I didn't have any problems with space. I went back to the property yesterday and customer very pleased and no problems to report.

Reply to Best Rcbo board at reasonable price in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock