Discuss Blue Flame CPS in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi Guys

My 1st ever post so please take it easy on me.

Does anyone have any experience around Blue Flame and there CPS? They seem to be the cheapest at the moment and as I'm new to the game and it will be the 1st time ill be going through the CPS process any advice would be great.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Guys

My 1st ever post so please take it easy on me.

Does anyone have any experience around Blue Flame and there CPS? They seem to be the cheapest at the moment and as I'm new to the game and it will be the 1st time ill be going through the CPS process any advice would be great.

Cheers

Andy
Have you a link for them? what benefits are they offering? and lastly the cost?

I've never heard of them before now, but they are listed on the .Gov website as a CPS

So they will tick the box for part P, but wony have the wide recognition of a certain other scheme

I'm all for someone trying to shake up the establishment to be honest. I don't like Part P schemes one little bit because as a qualified electrician with many years experience but not in a scheme it severely restricts what I can do without jumping through hoops, but the rules are the rules.
I think I'm right in saying that Elecsa and Nic EIC are pretty much the same thing now as are Napit and Stroma so it seems to me that monopolies are being created with all that that means.
Blue flame are compliant, cheaper and different so good luck to them although,as others have said, it's sometimes difficult for customers to see past all the big companies because most of them think the Nic EIC are the electrical industry!

I know Blue Flame as an awarding body for gas qualifications, I guess they are just jumping on the band wagon.

Good to see more more competition in this sector if you ask me, they're basically a tax on trades in my opinion. More competion means lower prices for us in the long run.

No harm in some competition, But as said by others, Probably be very hard for them to break the existing mould of NICEIC, if you are just a one man band and wanting to cut costs then you are still working within the legal framework of Part P notifying your work etc.,

I see it as a good thing and as has been said above, there’s nothing wrong with a bit of competition for the 2 that seem to hold the monopoly on it all.

I know we all bang on about the NIC being the most recognised brand, but I don’t think your average Joe is aware of the different schemes out there, or bothered that you’re a member of one, or have a clue about notification to LABC. Not once have I been asked if I’m a member of a scheme by a customer, all they want is the job doing and most are surprised when you issue them with a certificate at the end of it. I’ve been asked if I’m qualified on a couple of occasions & if I’ve got insurance, but that’s about it.

I should probably say that I’m not with the NIC, I’m with the other one and the majority of my work is domestic.

Have others found this to be the case? Or lost out on work because your not a member of a certain scheme?

Until we as electricians, and let's face it; thier source of income, take a stand against NICEIC (and others with a seeming monopoly on our industry) then we'll keep having to jump through hoops, cowtow to the whims of our overlords and generally have others errode our industry.

Until we as electricians, and let's face it; thier source of income, take a stand against NICEIC (and others with a seeming monopoly on our industry) then we'll keep having to jump through hoops, cowtow to the whims of our overlords and generally have others errode our industry.
I remember the good old days when it wasn't like it is now, its just too heavily regulated, all these cash cows just want a big slice of the cake, it has not made the industry any safer than it was 40years ago.

How much is the fee, for one person? Might enrol, so I can notify my garage conversion. Might be cheaper than paying for an EICR. :yum:

‘cheapest’ option is to do nothing and buy a Cheap indemnity against the ‘missing’ certificate when you eventually sell the house. Should cost you no more than 40 quid

‘cheapest’ option is to do nothing and buy a Cheap indemnity against the ‘missing’ certificate when you eventually sell the house. Should cost you no more than 40 quid

Indemnity insurance isn't worth the money. Only cover you from legal action from your LBC, and there's a time limit on when they can take enforcement action. Waste of money.

I more worried about my shoddy workmanship, burning down my house, and my insurance company not paying up, because I haven't followed due process.

Indemnity insurance isn't worth the money. Only cover you from legal action from your LBC, and there's a time limit on when they can take enforcement action. Waste of money.

I more worried about my shoddy workmanship, burning down my house, and my insurance company not paying up, because I haven't followed due process.

why would you do ‘shoddy’ work on your own garage ?:oops:

Reply to Blue Flame CPS in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock