Discuss Blue Flame CPS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Indemnity insurance isn't worth the money. Only cover you from legal action from your LBC, and there's a time limit on when they can take enforcement action. Waste of money.

I more worried about my shoddy workmanship, burning down my house, and my insurance company not paying up, because I haven't followed due process.
That was my point in my post, just because you have retired and not trading anymore, why should you not be able to work on your own property, just because your not in a scam anymore, the notification to LAB is a nonsense at a fee to them.
Well I know what I would do!!

I would not, but Insurance companies, will use any excuse to wriggle out of a legitimate claim. Not following Building Regs, would be one of them.

which is a valid point , what about if you installed the wiring but none of it was notifiable (no new circuits) but you aren’t part of a scam.
would this be viewed by insurance companies as a legitimate reason to squirm out of paying out I wonder...
or would being in a scam / having a scam cert give enough weight to get the insurance paid.
should it make any difference scam or no scam ?

I am currently in the process of getting accredited with blue flame. It will be the first time I've joined a scheme, so I cannot compare it with any of the others. I chose them mainly as they were the cheaper option, but also because I thought it would be interesting to try someone different to the main two. Searching their website for electrical installers shows very few members, probably no more than 20 in the whole country, so it appears they are currently a very small outfit, at least on the electrical side of their business.

They seem okay so far, have answered my calls and emails quickly. No site visit ATM due to coronavirus, so I believe everything will be done by email. 1st year is £354 inc VAT.

So far I have sent my qualifications, proof of insurance, regs books, test equipment, complaints policy etc. My test gear comes back from calibration tomorrow so I can get that to them too. Then all I need is a notifiable job to show them. This will stall me a bit as I don't do a lot of notifiable work, but I'll update when I do.

I am currently in the process of getting accredited with blue flame. It will be the first time I've joined a scheme, so I cannot compare it with any of the others. I chose them mainly as they were the cheaper option, but also because I thought it would be interesting to try someone different to the main two. Searching their website for electrical installers shows very few members, probably no more than 20 in the whole country, so it appears they are currently a very small outfit, at least on the electrical side of their business.

They seem okay so far, have answered my calls and emails quickly. No site visit ATM due to coronavirus, so I believe everything will be done by email. 1st year is £354 inc VAT.

So far I have sent my qualifications, proof of insurance, regs books, test equipment, complaints policy etc. My test gear comes back from calibration tomorrow so I can get that to them too. Then all I need is a notifiable job to show them. This will stall me a bit as I don't do a lot of notifiable work, but I'll update when I do.

I have heard scams are now offering a site ‘visit’ via face time / video call...

I have heard scams are now offering a site ‘visit’ via face time / video call...
Not correct. The office audit can be done remotely (videoconferencing) - along with discussion of works along with a review of the certification (and reports) but site visits, where required, take place in person. This delayed some new registrants from becoming accredited as the visits were suspended for a number of months. Obviously they couldn't be registered without site visits.

I hope not. I've got a granny phone, and my laptop is a heap of spite, not sure it'll manage
The office audit was done via FaceTime, we have a site visit in 2 weeks in which I need to meet the assessor on site, observing social distancing as stipulated in an email the assessor sent.

Reply to Blue Flame CPS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net