Discuss bosch router repair, suppression capacitor replacement or remove? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

NicDev

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an Old bosch router that has had a suppresson capacitor fail.

I can't get a replacement part to match and was wondering if i could just remove it and carry on. Would this be safe?

It is an 0.1uF X 2 x 2500nFY and has three wires, its inline with the negative wire from the switch and the other wire to the motor housing.

I can find some other replacement ones that are Suppression capacitor 0.1uF 2x 0.0027uF, would they work?

Many Thank in advance

Nick

Attachments

• supCap.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 15
Hi all,

I can't get a replacement part to match and was wondering if i could just remove it and carry on. Would this be safe?

It is an 0.1uF X 2 x 2500nFY and has three wires, its inline with the negative wire from the switch and the other wire to the motor housing.

I can find some other replacement ones that are Suppression capacitor 0.1uF 2x 0.0027uF, would they work?

Many Thank in advance

Nick
3 PHASE OR SINGLE

He's not been on here since he posted Pete. I'm sure he'll check for replies later.

The Bosch part number is 2607329056 however after searching it is an obsolete part and out of stock everywhere. It's purpose is noise suppression to prevent interference on televisions, radios etc... It will either work without it or it won't however your neighbours may not be impressed if their audio equipment picks it up.

Last edited:
The Bosch part number is 2607329056 however after searching it is an obsolete part and out of stock everywhere. It's purpose is noise suppression to prevent interference on televisions, radios etc... It will either work without It or it won't however your neighbours may not be impressed if their audio equipment picks it up.
Thank westward,

I did try for hours to find the part.

Guess i have nothing to lose removing it if its safe to do so.

Would i just remove it and crimp the two negative wires back together?

It's not like it will be running all day so hopfully the neighbours can watch the box in peace.

It would be inappropriate to suggest how you bypass the suppressor.
Ok I understand why that would be the case.

I not a complete novice to elecrical wiring but having manly worked with DC systems and thought it best to seek advice first.

I am confident enough to be able to make good a conection with the right tools eg. crimping wires with insulated conectors, I wont be winding them together with insulation tape :(

Hopfully it will run without the suppresser, I will report back with the results.

Many thanks for your time

Ok I understand why that would be the case.

I not a complete novice to elecrical wiring but having manly worked with DC systems and thought it best to seek advice first.

I am confident enough to be able to make good a conection with the right tools eg. crimping wires with insulated conectors, I wont be winding them together with insulation tape :(

Hopfully it will run without the suppresser, I will report back with the results.

Many thanks for your time
Hiya, I'm having the same problem. Did crimping the two negative wires work? And what did you do with the earth wire in the end? Many thanks, Richard

I don't know what he meant by that, there is no negative wire - it's AC.
He could have replaced the suppressor with the alternative that he mentioned in post#1.
You are looking for a delta capacitor with similar values, the Y caps must not be significantly larger as it is Class II.
The most important parameter is likely to be whether it will fit inside the tool and can be mounted securely.

whether it will fit inside the tool and can be mounted securely.

a decent gob of Gorilla Glue would mount securely. done my laser level with a 13650 replacing the tiny manifacturers crappy one. 🥰🥰

Hi all,

Many Thank in advance

Nick
Did you fixed it by removing capacitator of using difrent one

Reply to bosch router repair, suppression capacitor replacement or remove? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net