Discuss Bs5839-1:2008 & bs5266-1:2005 help!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

frustrated

Hi, does anyone know where I can get copies of BS5839-1:2008 & BS5266-1:2005. I need them for my assessment on Wednesday!
If anyone can help, I'd be so grateful!!!!
Kram

[h=4]Who should buy it?[/h]
  • undefined
  • Risk and health and safety managers and auditors
  • undefined
  • Fire alarm engineers and inspectors
  • undefined
  • Organizations that want to update an existing fire detection and alarm system
  • undefined
  • Organization that want to implement a fire detection and alarm system.
  • Forum Member Frustrated

Hi, does anyone know where I can get copies of BS5839-1:2008 & BS5266-1:2005. I need them for my assessment on Wednesday!
If anyone can help, I'd be so grateful!!!!
Kram

Thanks for replies all. I guess I'll just wait and see what Wednesday brings. It seems a lot of money for something I'll need to use once or twice a year!
Kram

just out of interest, what assessment requires you to have these publications?

Niceic require •BS 5839-1:2008 •BS 5839-6:2004 •BS 5266-1:2005 •Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT) where needed. Since I have carried out PAT I have that code of practice. I have installed a fire alarm system which I have included in my assessment list using the correct standards and the on-site guide and the same with emergency lighting, but the standards where borrowed and for the assessment I am required to have a copy for each. I guess I have to bite the bullet!!

Cant you just buy the electricians guide to fire alarms, and emergency lighting? I am with the NICEIC and i wasnt told to get the full copies! I dont think i would ever really need them.

Thnaks for reply, I have the electricians guide books already. Guess I'm taking the requirements too seriously. Will post any news on this after Wednesday to settle any other worried souls such as myself.

Reply to Bs5839-1:2008 & bs5266-1:2005 help!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net