Discuss BS7671 PDF model forms for 18th Edition Amendment 2 (2022) - now available in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

happysteve

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Eh up :)

I've done some new PDF forms for BS7671 18th Edition Amendment 2 2022 (the Big Brown Book), based on the IET model forms. You can fill them in using something like (the free) Adobe Acrobat Reader on a computer. They're available for download in the "Resources" section, so you need to be logged on to the forum (rather than viewing as a guest) to download them. There's a "download" button on the right hand side of the orange banner where the title is for each resource. If you're not logged in, it will say "No permission to download" instead.

Links:
MEIWC | EIC | EICR | Circuit Details and Test Results (extra sheets if you need them)

They were produced from scratch by me using OpenOffice, based on the IET Model Forms.

Here's the deal:

- these are provided as is, without any support, in the hope they'll be useful

- it's unlikely I'll be able to help you if they don't work with your particular computer / tablet / phone, or your particular PDF document reader. I know they seem to work ok on Adobe Acrobat Reader on Windows and Mac. They work ok with Preview (on the Mac) although the text in the boxes is sometimes offset a bit from the main text - I have no idea why. Common issues with other PDF readers are things like, the text boxes work ok, but the dropdowns don't. If they don't work for you, I'm really sorry, but there's nothing I can do. These forms represent 2 solid days of work, just updating them from the previous versions; I'm not a computer wizz, I'm just using free software to get a job done, I'm more like a monkey at a typewriter trying to recreate the complete works of Shakespeare. The fact that they work at all is a miracle.

- if you find a typo, or some missing functionality (like, "you've forgotten to give this option on the "polarity" bit of the test sheet"), then it'd be great if you could post here, or on the resource itself, and I'll look at it and fix it.

- please don't hunt me down to contact me out of the forum to ask me questions or to say, "I can't find the download button, can you send me them by email?"

- Feedback/suggestions are welcome, but might be ignored if you're grumpy about it ;)

Enjoy! :)

I'm genuinely not sure how I would fill out all the required forms on line, without the aid of Steve's resources.
Top man Steve 😊

UPDATED EIC and EICR forms (Friday 22/07/2022):

It seems I missed a field on page 2 of the EIC and EICR certificates, half way down, in the "If RCD main switch" box on the right, there is now a sneaky "RCD Type" box, which I missed. This has now been added. So if you're one of the 8 people who downloaded the EIC, or one of the 6 people who downloaded the EICR before just now, just go back to the resources section and download it again for the new version. The MEIWC isn't affected.

Sorry about that!

These look great, but alas, I can't make them work on linux. Apart from the minor works one, which is ok for some reason, who knows why.
Sorry to hear that, Pretty Mouth. I used to use Linux a lot - for about 10 years, pretty much exclusively - so I'm keen to support if I can, but alas I don't have access to a linux box any more (exceopt for an old Raspberry Pi). All I can suggest is try different PDF readers, or maybe parse it through something like pdftk to see if that helps?

Sorry to hear that, Pretty Mouth. I used to use Linux a lot - for about 10 years, pretty much exclusively - so I'm keen to support if I can, but alas I don't have access to a linux box any more (exceopt for an old Raspberry Pi). All I can suggest is try different PDF readers, or maybe parse it through something like pdftk to see if that helps?
Thanks. I've tried several PDF viewers without success, and have now just tried PDF chain (which I think is the same as pdftk), but it's a bit technical for this time on a Friday.

I bought some certs off ebay in odf format that work on librewriter. They were okay, but needed a lot of editing to get them to how I like them, and now I'm having to edit them again for amendment 2. So I can appreciate how much work you will have put into making these, it's no small task!

Thanks. I've tried several PDF viewers without success, and have now just tried PDF chain (which I think is the same as pdftk), but it's a bit technical for this time on a Friday.

I bought some certs off ebay in odf format that work on librewriter. They were okay, but needed a lot of editing to get them to how I like them, and now I'm having to edit them again for amendment 2. So I can appreciate how much work you will have put into making these, it's no small task!
Hey Pretty Mouth,

Tried to send you a PM but can't, I might be able to help, if you're able to PM me then please do, Cheers, Steve

Hi Steve,
These documents are brilliant. May I have permission to use them for teaching at college/ training centre, as it would make learner's assignments so much more professional. (and easier to read and mark) Also would it be possible to add in the EICR Schedule of Inspections intake equipment box Section 1.0 drop down the letter X as it is allowed but not included?
Thanks for the effort in producing these.
Kind Regards
JohnC

Hi Steve,
These documents are brilliant. May I have permission to use them for teaching at college/ training centre, as it would make learner's assignments so much more professional. (and easier to read and mark) Also would it be possible to add in the EICR Schedule of Inspections intake equipment box Section 1.0 drop down the letter X as it is allowed but not included?
Thanks for the effort in producing these.
Kind Regards
JohnC
Hi John,
Thanks, and no worries, use for whatever purpose you like.

I'll have a look at the EICR thing you mentioned when I'm back near my laptop in a day or two, thanks for letting me know :)

Also would it be possible to add in the EICR Schedule of Inspections intake equipment box Section 1.0 drop down the letter X as it is allowed but not included?
Thanks again for pointing out this omission - I've updated the EICR form today (26/07/2022) in the resources section... Cheers! Steve

Nice one Steve any idea once filled out how to make it no longer editable when given out to client ? Without paying for adobe acrobat account?

Nice one Steve any idea once filled out how to make it no longer editable when given out to client ? Without paying for adobe acrobat account?

PDF restrictions are trivial to bypass to re-enable editing or printing

A more secure way of restricting editing FREE is to convert the PDF to JPG and then back again. The new PDF will have an image stored so cannot be restored for editing

Adobe has some tools to do this online free
PDF2JPG
JPG2PDF

If your PDF has multiple pages then you can combine & convert all jpg's into a single PDF
JPGs2PDF

Last edited:
PDF restrictions are trivial to bypass to re-enable editing or printing

A more secure way of restricting editing FREE is to convert the PDF to JPG and then back again. The new PDF will have an image stored so cannot be restored for editing

Adobe has some tools to do this online free
PDF2JPG
JPG2PDF

If your PDF has multiple pages then you can combine & convert all jpg's into a single PDF
JPGs2PDF
Thanks man much appreciated 👍

The suggestion by @Eddy Currents above is a good one :)

The way I do it, on a Mac, is I use a £25 (ish? can't remember) app from the Apple app store called "PDF Printer." It adds a virtual "printer" to your system, but it's actually a programme that converts what Adobe spits out into a proper flat PDF that's not editable. Adobe Acrobat Reader (the free one) is none the wiser and lets you "print" to it.

Eh up :)

I've done some new PDF forms for BS7671 18th Edition Amendment 2 2022 (the Big Brown Book), based on the IET model forms. You can fill them in using something like (the free) Adobe Acrobat Reader on a computer. They're available for download in the "Resources" section, so you need to be logged on to the forum (rather than viewing as a guest) to download them. There's a "download" button on the right hand side of the orange banner where the title is for each resource. If you're not logged in, it will say "No permission to download" instead.

Links:
MEIWC | EIC | EICR | Circuit Details and Test Results (extra sheets if you need them)

They were produced from scratch by me using OpenOffice, based on the IET Model Forms.

Here's the deal:

- these are provided as is, without any support, in the hope they'll be useful

- it's unlikely I'll be able to help you if they don't work with your particular computer / tablet / phone, or your particular PDF document reader. I know they seem to work ok on Adobe Acrobat Reader on Windows and Mac. They work ok with Preview (on the Mac) although the text in the boxes is sometimes offset a bit from the main text - I have no idea why. Common issues with other PDF readers are things like, the text boxes work ok, but the dropdowns don't. If they don't work for you, I'm really sorry, but there's nothing I can do. These forms represent 2 solid days of work, just updating them from the previous versions; I'm not a computer wizz, I'm just using free software to get a job done, I'm more like a monkey at a typewriter trying to recreate the complete works of Shakespeare. The fact that they work at all is a miracle.

- if you find a typo, or some missing functionality (like, "you've forgotten to give this option on the "polarity" bit of the test sheet"), then it'd be great if you could post here, or on the resource itself, and I'll look at it and fix it.

- please don't hunt me down to contact me out of the forum to ask me questions or to say, "I can't find the download button, can you send me them by email?"

- Feedback/suggestions are welcome, but might be ignored if you're grumpy about it ;)

Enjoy! :)
Thank you Happy Steve. I've used your forms in the past very successfully and appreciate the time you've put in to assist the community. Regards, Colin Jenkins.

The way I do it, on a Mac, is I use a £25 (ish? can't remember) app from the Apple app store called "PDF Printer." It adds a virtual "printer" to your system, but it's actually a programme that converts what Adobe spits out into a proper flat PDF that's not editable. Adobe Acrobat Reader (the free one) is none the wiser and lets you "print" to it.

Yeah works perfectly fine what eddy said managed to do so last night. Being cheeky haven’t got a editable observations continuation sheet have you ?😂.

Yeah works perfectly fine what eddy said managed to do so last night. Being cheeky haven’t got a editable observations continuation sheet have you ?😂.
Sorry, I don't, just the extra test sheets

Reply to BS7671 PDF model forms for 18th Edition Amendment 2 (2022) - now available in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock