Discuss BS7671 PDF model forms for 18th Edition Amendment 2 (2022) - now available in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Digitally sign it, then it locks
Yeah, in theory, but in practice that doesn't work.
So I fill it in and digitally sign it in Adobe Acrobat reader, then I save it.
At that point, in Acrobat, you can't alter it (all the blue editable boxes have gone).
But, when I load the signed document into a different PDF reader - say, Apple's "Preview" app, which comes free with all Macs, iPads and iPhones - you can still edit it (even though you can't in Adobe any more), even though it's been signed.
When Adobe locks a file after it's digitally signed, it just sets a flag in the file that says, "Hey, don't edit me," and the Adobe software respects that flag. Other PDF readers don't necessarily do so.

Eh up :)

I've done some new PDF forms for BS7671 18th Edition Amendment 2 2022 (the Big Brown Book), based on the IET model forms. You can fill them in using something like (the free) Adobe Acrobat Reader on a computer. They're available for download in the "Resources" section, so you need to be logged on to the forum (rather than viewing as a guest) to download them. There's a "download" button on the right hand side of the orange banner where the title is for each resource. If you're not logged in, it will say "No permission to download" instead.

Links:
MEIWC | EIC | EICR | Circuit Details and Test Results (extra sheets if you need them)

They were produced from scratch by me using OpenOffice, based on the IET Model Forms.

Here's the deal:

- these are provided as is, without any support, in the hope they'll be useful

- it's unlikely I'll be able to help you if they don't work with your particular computer / tablet / phone, or your particular PDF document reader. I know they seem to work ok on Adobe Acrobat Reader on Windows and Mac. They work ok with Preview (on the Mac) although the text in the boxes is sometimes offset a bit from the main text - I have no idea why. Common issues with other PDF readers are things like, the text boxes work ok, but the dropdowns don't. If they don't work for you, I'm really sorry, but there's nothing I can do. These forms represent 2 solid days of work, just updating them from the previous versions; I'm not a computer wizz, I'm just using free software to get a job done, I'm more like a monkey at a typewriter trying to recreate the complete works of Shakespeare. The fact that they work at all is a miracle.

- if you find a typo, or some missing functionality (like, "you've forgotten to give this option on the "polarity" bit of the test sheet"), then it'd be great if you could post here, or on the resource itself, and I'll look at it and fix it.

- please don't hunt me down to contact me out of the forum to ask me questions or to say, "I can't find the download button, can you send me them by email?"

- Feedback/suggestions are welcome, but might be ignored if you're grumpy about it ;)

Enjoy! :)
Thanks so much for your fillable forms so freely offered

Reply to BS7671 PDF model forms for 18th Edition Amendment 2 (2022) - now available in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock