burned mice and 3 phases dead | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss burned mice and 3 phases dead in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

amlu

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
had a last minute call out to a shop today. all electrics dead, checked db first, found a fried mouse between bus bars.

no power coming into the db, checked on the meter, nothing, checked incomer fuses (100a) they good, no power going to the fuses. advised them to call to DNO.

they said there was some burning smell from suspended ceiling before (theres lots of fluorescent lights in it)
install is a proper proper cowboy mess, did not want to bother sorting it out and walked off , just wondering what happened, fault on the lights should knock mcb off, short circuit by mouse should blow incomer fuse?
[ElectriciansForums.net] burned mice and 3 phases dead

Had a mouse register 20MVA as a transient fault. Poor little sod had got in to an 11KV bus-bar spout. It got its picture in the Electrical Review 30+ years back. I wasn’t too happy rebuilding the switchgear. Even found its nest and babies on top of one of the OCB tanks.

Reply to burned mice and 3 phases dead in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

D
  • Question
The neutral determines the amount of imbalance you can allow. 50% will take a 3½-core cable in to account. Neutral can be calculated by...
Replies
Views
Knobhead
K
R
  • Question
Re: New Comer requires a little advice on an unusual Mains Supply to the local pub.. While trying to sort out a resolution to the main loading...
Replies
Views
Red Spot
R
cappa666, really sorry to learn of the problems you have had. Unfortunately I have nothing to add to the ideas already floated by Darkwood and...
Replies
Views
W
Well all you need to do is way up the max demand of your installation with diversity and supply them the info normally in KVA or KW, how they...
Replies
Views
C
I was rereading this thread and spotted this; “Didnt have the correct specific fuses on my person (who would?), so put standard 30 amp fuse wire...
Replies
Views
Knobhead
K

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks