Discuss Car Derived Van Insurance in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

claret73

Currently driving round (not for jobs) in a MK2 Golf GTI, but looking to switch this to an Astra Van which I believe can be classed as Car Derived. Just recently changed my insurers after yet again the quote's gone Sky High if I wanted the pleasure to stay with them...
Just done a Go Compare but seems to recognise as Van only & can't put my 9 years NCB onto this. Cheapest quote £1100 for a 1.3 Club 07 Plate.

Ridiculous!!! Anybody have any recommendations for insurance or how I can state this as car derived & switch my NCB Policy onto the AstraVan if I did go & switch it over? Any specific Insurers for Trades? Good references from here.
Thanks!

It doesn't matter if it's car derived or just a plain goods vehicle.
The problem is when you put in your occupation and want a quote for a van they assume it's for business use and normal NCD won't apply.

just re insured my expert with admaral they mirrored my 9yr + on my car to the van + my 1yrs on the van still came out just short of £800

(Well, I could say it's for Kipping in whilst on Surf Trips - which it will be...:wink_smile:) Bite the bullet then hey?...Cheers for the replies

Spoke to my Chippie Mate today & he offered some advice to reduce the mileage if I think I'll mainly be local. TBH I don't see this as Full Time right now as amount of work about & other work I'm freelancing in. Plus I won't be driving to North or London on a daily basis. So my mileage rates could very much be low. Reduced from 10k to 7k PA & the quotes on Go Compare Van section came down to cheapest of £527...More like it!

I spoke to Aviva about exactly the same problem you describe, and they were happy for me to use my Car no claims on a VW Caddy.

Rich

Reply to Car Derived Van Insurance in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock