Discuss car trailor socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

there's 4 or 5 different trailer light plug set ups on the go now, there's the UK version, the European version, the separate French version, the USA version and the Australian version that got put onto a lot of Japanese manufactured cars before they had decided on the orders for what was getting shipped where.....then the sockets got changed over by the dealership here before selling...newer cars have different shaped connectors with more pins......caused a problem for a relative who has an old car and bought a new trailer set up.... you will find the different wiring diagrams for what pins go where on Google....search trailer wiring on google images and the information will come up...

The 12N & 12S sockets are not the best and the 12S generally melts around the fridge feed pin when a fridge is connected

I think it became mandatory a couple of years ago that new trailers have to have the European 13 pin plug and socket arrangement fitted and a lot of car manufacturers who fit towing electrics at the factory fit the 13 pin socket unless 12N & 12S are specced

Reply to car trailor socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Have a single plug socket which has been working fine for years. It is behind a unit so nothing has hit it. I looked at the socket and can seen no...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im new to the forum and wanted to check something and maybe get some advice confirmation. Ive got halogen wall lights which use a...
Replies
Views
I'm moving a socket installed on a lighting circuit (installed by previous owner who was a professional electrician so I assume he knew what he...
Replies
Views
The symptoms its been having to start with was the fuel gage only working sometimes and when i play music from my phone when a loud song came on...
Replies
Views
I have the typical LED on Dimmer switch. All the lights flicker in my house are very inconsistent times. By let me clarify by saying all the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock