Discuss CCP of 6mm t&e in trunking. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

graham123

Hi all how can I work out the current carrying capacity of a 6mm t&e in surface metallic trunking. I can only find clipped direct and enclosed in insulated wall using table guides

That's because T&E in containment is not a usual method and is not mentioned in the "quick reference" tables. If you delve into appx 4 you will find something for multicore, but not specifically flat twin cable.

use common sense based on

1. is there a fair bit of free airspase round the cable?

2. are there other circuits in the conduit that may cause thermal effects on the 6mm?

3. Whats the Ib of the circuit?

if so, take the clipped direct rating and knock a bit off. make sure you rate the MCB accordingly.

Reply to CCP of 6mm t&e in trunking. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have had my kitchen rewired and plastered. I have had a 6mm t+e on a dedicated 32a circuit for a 60cm electric cooker. In hindsight, had i known...
Replies
Views
I'm obviously still new and learning about what I can and cannot do, but essentially I want to install an EVSE at my own house for an electric...
Replies
Views
I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Doing some work in a commercial restaurant/kitchen the builders had already boarded and plastered the walls meaning my only viable route is to use...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I wonder if I can get some opinion on my deliberations on an old TPN installation with numerous 1P sub-boards wired up with 16mm T&E...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock