Discuss CCTV 4 Channel Image sometimes goes offline in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I recently done wiring for 4 channel CCTV with NVR. So i Install each CCTV with Cat5 Ethernet cable with 12VDC power supply. I connect all the CCTV with ethernet cable to NVR and start running the system without internet and work fine till few weeks. Few days ago i encounter one problem is sometimes one of the CCTV camera is go offline and it's random. Some times two camera goes offline same time. To solve this i plug out both ethernet and power supply cable at the offline CCTV then plug back and works well. After some times the problems still occur and it's happen random for every CCTV. Any Proffesional CCTV expert encounter this kind of problem???

CCTV details :
4 IP camera with ehternert and power supply port
NVR
Power Supply 12VDC each supply 1.25 amps
IMG_4797.JPG IMG_5023.JPG IMG_5040.JPG

Hi,have you checked voltage at camera during use? How far away are the troublesome cameras?

Can you connect to the camera that is offline when using a computer on the same network?
I.e. ping it
Try a network scan to see what is showing as online

Hi,have you checked voltage at camera during use? How far away are the troublesome cameras?
Haha my friend you again for rescue?. All camera are nearest and all camera i took reading is 12VDC
[automerge]1573122288[/automerge]
Can you connect to the camera that is offline when using a computer on the same network?
I.e. ping it
Try a network scan to see what is showing as online
I try every steps, scan these camera multiple time and come out the IP address which is working,when the camera offline, i check the lan status which green light blink and the voltage is 12VDC

I suspect there is a problem with the recording device.
Are there any fault logs you can look at?

I suspect there is a problem with the recording device.
Are there any fault logs you can look at?
I'm not sure about the recording device NVR cause i haven't connected to internet and what if the recording device is not enough current,cause the LCD monitor and the NVR connect in same socket outlet

Some of those euro plugs cables (mains cables) were pretty naff on power supplies ! Swap one , see if things improve.
The owner said till yesterday after i troubleshoot the 4 camera still showing the image and the owner want to upgrade into 16 channel NVR with additional 8 camera. Maybe the power consumption is not great for the NVR to work??

i have a thought is it the display rate ?
Does it only happen on the main monitor does it do the same on the app and recheck the recording does it record as going offline.
If not its the cpu in the recorder check the max display rate of the nvr say its 4 cameras at 3mp and you have 4 at 4mp then thats your issue.
Dont worry as its only the display monitor.

Reply to CCTV 4 Channel Image sometimes goes offline in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net