Discuss CCTV > Router Cat 5/6 solid copper cores in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have asked this question before in another thread that I was following, but can't find it.
I've installed a CCTV system. What I'm after is a 10m x suitable Cat 5 or 6 cable complete with plug ends fitted.
I believe it was suggested that copper solid 8 core cables are better.
The cable is to be used between the Router and DVR.
Where can i obtain a suitable cable from on line?
Many thanks

Was it this one by any chance.

Hi Guys, I have asked this question before in another thread that I was following, but can't find it.
I've installed a CCTV system. What I'm after is a 10m x suitable Cat 5 or 6 cable complete with plug ends fitted.
I believe it was suggested that copper solid 8 core cables are better.
The cable is to be used between the Router and DVR.
Where can i obtain a suitable cable from on line?
Many thanks
Driver man check amazon type in cat-5 cable and ends then you have to use a crimping tool that tool should be available at your local parts house
[automerge]1567465075[/automerge]
Driver man check amazon type in cat-5 cable and ends then you have to use a crimping tool that tool should be available at your local parts house
I doubt you can get them already cut to size with ends on them

Thanks Westward10, yes it was. appreciated. It's pure copper 24AWG cat cable recommended
[automerge]1567509691[/automerge]
Lots and lots of options available online pre made.

10m from Amazon < Click

In the US I got some pre made 100 foot lengths as a temporary network solution as there was a best buy a few miles down the road.

Wholesaler couldn't get what we needed until the next day.
Many thanks, now ordered from Amazon

Last edited:

Reply to CCTV > Router Cat 5/6 solid copper cores in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net