Discuss Certificate missing items is this ok? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi All

I just have my Kitchen done with new sockets, lights etc and they have provided a certificate with only the hob and cooker and it says its an addition.

Would this not come under new and should they included the new lights, light switches installed and plug sockets? I don't want to cause the guy any bother but I want to make sure that I have the correct certificate.Certificate missing items is this ok? Captureddd.PNG - EletriciansForums.net

Thanks
Stu

Its an addition to the electrical installation as a whole. if they've added lights and sockets then you would also need a certificate with a minor works being the minimum. Maybe the hob is on a new circuit and was installed by an electrician and the rest has been chucked in by the kitchen fitters.

Changing switches and sockets like for like does not need a cert. only if there’s any changes to the circuits (minor works) or they are new circuits entirely.

Hi All

I just have my Kitchen done with new sockets, lights etc and they have provided a certificate with only the hob and cooker and it says its an addition.

Would this not come under new and should they included the new lights, light switches installed and plug sockets? I don't want to cause the guy any bother but I want to make sure that I have the correct certificate.View attachment 56266

Thanks
Stu

This was all new cabling aswell, thanks for all of your advise :)

If it was run from the consumer unit then it requires an electrical installation certificate and it is also notifiable to labc. if it was added to existing sockets then it requires a minor electrical works certificate.

The person removed all my old cables from my kitchen, then ran all new ones making new plug sockets, led lighting, new light switchs Hob, Cooker as everything was moving around.

Thanks all for your replies so far.

Cheers
Stu

As the circuits have just been altered, I would suggest a Minor Works Certificate would of been suitable.

When I was doing kitchen refurbishments, the online software I used, required one for each circuit. Other types can be just one certificate.

Reply to Certificate missing items is this ok? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock