Discuss Change voltage? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Greencroft

Hi, I have a large cooking machine with 12kw banks of elements that heat a water tank. The machine is wired three phase but is not english, so the elements have a range of 210v to 280v so was wondering if I could some how put them onto our 240v? If I leave as it is our 400v three phase will burn out the elements? Thanks for any help

Welcome to the forum :).
It would depend on how they are configured, Star config would allow direct 400v connection as it has 2 elements in series between and 2 phase. More info needed to whether its simple to adapt.

The elements are attached l1 l2 on first element. L3 l1 on second and so on in that pattern with 9 elements in total. Thanks for your reply

It should be possible to rewire the elements in groups of three into star formation. If you're not familiar with 3 phase wiring schemes I'd suggest you get an experienced sparky to help you with this, if you run the elements phase to phase at 400v they're almost certainly going to get damaged..

Reply to Change voltage? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, I signed up here for a little help. I bought a 3 phase bandsaw and went down the rabbit hole of VFD’s etc. ‘The motor is 3 phase 400v...
Replies
Views
I have a 3 phase element for a steam generator but the element is a 220 volt element. the diagram is in Chinese which i cant read. on the diagram...
Replies
Views
Hi All, From what I understand, working out the design current - Ib for single phase is quite easy (max appliance power/voltage). For three...
Replies
Views
So earlier this year I obtained a large machine with a couple of 3 phase motors in it, and the rest single phase. I bought a VFD, correctly wired...
Replies
Views
Hi! Once you've calculated the voltage drop in Volts - you divide by 400V for three phase right? For example: three phase 30kW appliance, 10mm...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock