Discuss continuity of 2 way lighting circuit and more in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mally4601

hi guys ive my 2392 test tomorrow , ive a few thing to ask to be 100 per cent about all

continuity of 2 way lighting circuit , at the celing rose do i test between live and earth or switch wire and earth and then turn switches on and off , do i need to open the switches to check between live and earth

final ring circuit is it the highest reading between live and earth from the sockets if a radial is spured off it, then would i take the highest reading from it .

insulation resistance , do i have to test each circuit cause theres a rcd on or can i test as whole , also for the ring circuit do i put L-L N-N E-E in connectors then do insulation test

prospective fault current , do i connect earth clip to netural bar then neutral to neurtal , then live to live , pscc , then E-E N-N L-L pefc take the higest reading

ps if ive missed any thing out feel free to comment :D

Reply to continuity of 2 way lighting circuit and more in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I hope you're all keeping well. I have a question regarding insulation resistance testing. Whether doing a single circuit IR test or...
Replies
Views
Long shot but thought I’d try, have a lighting circuit that trips the RCD as soon as the neutral touches the neutral bar for said RCD. Bypass that...
Replies
Views
A BG fused connection unit, with neon. A boiler. Fuse out. Spur switched off. I was checking polarity after a colleague had 2nd fixed it and...
Replies
Views
i know about the different wiring arrangements for 2 way light switching. i want to connect the permanent live into first switch common, connect...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock