Discuss Conversion to TNCS within property. A concern? And EICR code? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

ESQCR s8(4)
A consumer shall not combine the neutral and protective functions in a single conductor
in his consumer’s installation.

And I think I'd have to C2 that.
Although, having just thought about that one for a few minutes, it actually reads going the other way around - so going from seperate Neutral and EC to a CEN/PEN. This is also reinforced by 543.4 and GN8 says nothing. Which therefore means no code 😮.

I'm also slightly confused, given that TN-S is relatively rare for domestics, as to how they've ended up with just LN in the first place. Definitely need some pics of the intake and meter to make sense of this.

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have seen this a few times in large blocks of flats where it’s been converted in the mains room and just done that way in the flats .
That's as part of a BNO system under different rules. Ryefield boards have a removable link in them between the incoming N and a PEN arrangement to create TN-C-S, the same as in a DNO PME head.

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Around here if you find a DIY pme set up wpd will come and repair the tns earth if missing or damaged and sometimes replace the head. If you want one they charge unless it's easier for them. As long as there's a dno earth they have to maintain it.

Reactions: DPG

Reply to Conversion to TNCS within property. A concern? And EICR code? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.