Discuss Cooker circuit options in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

-
Reaction score
Just finishing a rewire, customer not sure on hob and cooker at design stage so I went for 2 circuits with 6mm withe 2 32amp rcbo's. Hob and cooker 5 meters apart. Now induction hob and oven have arrived onsite and both suggest a 13amp supply is suffice. Should I downgrade the rcbo's to 16amp and hard wire into plate or exchange plate for non switched fused spur and leave rcbo as is

Do they come with plugs?
Might not want to void a warranty single sockets might be better

Also 13amps seem quite small for an induction hob unless it’s a 2 ring hob.

Do they come with plugs?
Might not want to void a warranty single sockets might be better

Also 13amps seem quite small for an induction hob unless it’s a 2 ring hob.

How on earth are they going to void a warranty?

Are you referring to that utter nonsense about removing a moulded plug voiding the warranty on a whole appliance?

Cooker circuit options {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Just finishing a rewire, customer not sure on hob and cooker at design stage so I went for 2 circuits with 6mm withe 2 32amp rcbo's. Hob and cooker 5 meters apart. Now induction hob and oven have arrived onsite and both suggest a 13amp supply is suffice. Should I downgrade the rcbo's to 16amp and hard wire into plate or exchange plate for non switched fused spur and leave rcbo as is

Single oven will be ok.Customer has bought the wrong hob. 13A induction has to load share to work with such limited capacity. They should have bought the full blown 7Kw + model. They will hate what they've bought as soon as they use more than one hob lol.
As said above, leave the 32A RCBO's place and Spurs or plugtops will be ok.

How on earth are they going to void a warranty?

Are you referring to that utter nonsense about removing a moulded plug voiding the warranty on a whole appliance?

That’s not quite true. I got simarly lambasted a few years ago on this very subject, and so did some ‘extensive’ research for myself. :)

Most of the manufacturers don’t give a hoot if you cut their moulded plugs off. However, I did find one or two that did. There were also some that required their original lead replaced, with an manufacturers one, if that is damaged.

Unfortunately, I never retain my research, so can’t tell you who was being a bit fussy. But recommend you read the instructions before getting out your snips.

At the end of the day the manufacturer's warranty is in addition to your legal rights. Your legal rights won't be affected by removing the plug. Your legal rights extend to six years as against the manufacturer's typical one year.

I knew as soon as the word 'plugtop' was mentioned that George would be along. Any how, must dash as I need some MR16 bulbs.
don't be silly, you plant them in february/march. use the money for beer.

At the end of the day the manufacturer's warranty is in addition to your legal rights. Your legal rights won't be affected by removing the plug. Your legal rights extend to six years as against the manufacturer's typical one year.

Again not quite true.

If a fault develops after the first six months, the burden is on you to prove that the product was faulty at the time you took ownership of it.

In practice, this may require some form of expert report, opinion or evidence of similar problems across the product range.

You have six years to take a claim to the small claims court for faulty goods in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and five years in Scotland.

This doesn't mean that a product has to last six years - just that you have this length of time in which to make a claim if a retailer refuses to repair or replace a faulty product. (Which)

Reply to Cooker circuit options in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock