Discuss Cooker circuit options in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

induction hob and oven have arrived onsite and both suggest a 13amp supply is suffice.
The oven I can believe, mine is 2.8kW so would be OK on a 16A RCBO. But a typical 4 ring induction hob is around 7.5kW so a 13A plug seems highly optimistic and needs careful checking.

The oven I can believe, mine is 2.8kW so would be OK on a 16A RCBO. But a typical 4 ring induction hob is around 7.5kW so a 13A plug seems highly optimistic and needs careful checking.
I've installed plenty of induction hobs that come fitted with a 13A plug from the manufacturers. Seems pretty commonplace with them now.

Any modification to the original design " can " void warrantty,
that includes chopping off plugs.
Check with any lawyer they will confirm it.
Remember the law has nothing to do with common sense.
it is as it is !

If the cooking appliances do not come with plug tops, then the manufactures or consumers supply lead would/should be suitably rated, to carry the maximum fixed load of said appliance.
if they don't come with plug tops, then you'll get a nasty belt off the exposed live parts in the plug.

Fair play this thread is hilarious, I can't remember the last time I gave 3 funnys in one thread, keep up the good work pmsl, oh by the way Bruce, it is different up here in the modern world than down under :D

32A RCBO, 6mm cable, single socket or preferably FCU with 13A fuse no problem at all?
In fact with that load a 1.5mm cable would be ample, as long as adiabatic checks out on the prospective short circuit current.

Reply to Cooker circuit options in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock