Discuss Cooker Isolation and Appliance Isolation Regulations in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Im not looking for excuses - Everything I try its like bashing my head against the wall!

I started doing Letting Agents - they would not pay
Started doing 230v on cars - no more work came in
then started doing new build F*** ups and got slatted by other electricians who dont know the diff from their head to their a***
then doing these kitchens and I am making jack s*** and got LA making every reason not to pay me

I hate being on benefits! but2 months ago I had no option!

Now Im off them I want to stay off them - and Im looking for somewhere else to live now - got to move out in 2 weeks - flat is up for sale by landlord

well you either step up or give up,those kitchens are a new line of work,might not seem good in the short term but make it work for the long term,if anything its a learning curve.

Thanks alarm man - this is the reason I am still doing them

I started just by asking what regs they are asking me to break so I can approach them because without these kitchens being signed off I wont get any money!

So I either have to do it like the last spark and get paid but they wont comply (NOT DOING!) or do it my way (which complies) and fight my corner why they must be done this way

Thanks everyone for the above info!

you can rent my house in walsall £550pcm lol and theres loads of work in the midlands if your anygood that is. you will get £120 a day subbing

Nic, I think it is disgusting how many brand new sparkies are being churned out of these training schemes with promises of earning a fortune, many having never even held a screwdriver a few short weeks earlier!!!
I know that doesn't help you, but many will fall by the wayside when they find the road isn't paved with gold and householders waving blank cheques at any electrician willing to change their lightbulbs.
Stick with it mate, but get this situation sorted out. :)

ive done some jobs in the past in kitchens were they have moved the sink cause they couldnt get a small cuboard etc and they put it so the socket is no longer 300mm away its closer, without notifying me and its stopped like it.

Reply to Cooker Isolation and Appliance Isolation Regulations in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock