Discuss Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Here's a pic of the Vulcan at Bournemouth Air Show 2014. I've also got a grainy vid I took on its last flight around the country.

DSC01584.JPG
DSC01587.JPG

Course I do. Vickers Valiant and the Victor was made by HP....same as them that did the brown sauce. Free bottle with every new flyer.:cool:
How things have changed, though. Don't remember getting one with the laptop.

Times like this I’m grateful for my children....I’ve a strong suspicion that if my wife didn’t have them to home school she’d be trying to domestic me instead ?

Times like this I’m grateful for my children....I’ve a strong suspicion that if my wife didn’t have them to home school she’d be trying to domestic me instead ?
perish the thought.

22 years? you get less for murder (with remission).

22 years? you get less for murder (with remission).
A fact I regularly remind her of mate.....she counters with silly facts and statistics that women generally get lesser sentences and could’ve killed me twice....at least?
[automerge]1587460167[/automerge]
Listening to radio 2 and have just heard the tale of a man who organised an Easter egg hunt for the family, but didn’t actually hide any eggs, they still looking 10 days later! Legend! ???

Last edited:
Can anybody help me with this?
I have to put up an outside lamp which will be powered from a socket in my garage. The lamp is sealed, with only a short length of cable attached so I will mount a junction box on the wall beside the lamp. I don't have any of my usual JBs in stock, so i have dug around and come up with one which should do the job, however I am keen to ascertain its likely IP rating as there is nothing marked on it.
Oddly, despite its green/yellow markings, there is actually no earth terminal on the box itself, which is hardly surprising as it's made entirely of plastic. I intend to drill holes for 22mm glands in each end and use some choc-block to connect the cable.
It's a reasonably sheltered location so i don't think water ingress is too likely, but any advice on the likely IP rating of this box would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
IMG_9859.JPG

Oh no no no that enclosure is clearly not approved for use with connector blocks!
That enclosure must only be used with twisted wires wrapped in sellotape, preferably a loose twist after you have cut through half of the strands whilst stripping the insulation.

primary school class.....

previuos day, children have been on a trip to a farm, seeing the farmyard animals..

teacher: "now children , let's see what you have learnt; can anyone tell me what a cow soiunds like?"

all hands go up, including Winston, the only black pupil in the class

Teacher: "Yes, Wendy, how does a cow sound"

Wendy: " moo, miss, moo"

Teacher:"Very good, now someone tell me how a lamb sounds?"

Winston is waving frantically

"Go on Julia, how does a lamb sound?"

"Baa, miss, baa"

"very good" says teacher. now how about a pig?

Winston is going bananas.

" OK Winston, how does a pig sound?"

Winston: " Freeze Mother f*cker"

A fact I regularly remind her of mate.....she counters with silly facts and statistics that women generally get lesser sentences and could’ve killed me twice....at least?

I remember (fondly (?)) when my otherwise intelligent ex wife asked whether a lunar eclipse was when the sun came between the Earth and our moon....hmmmm... That would be a hot day...????

Reply to Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net